Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with 92/M9.

I really wish Beretta offered more models with dovetailed front sights. But you can always get a centurion slide or have the slide milled for a front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I really wish Beretta offered more models with dovetailed front sights. But you can always get a centurion slide or have the slide milled for a front sight.
    Other than the current Wilson Centurion, does the typical Centurion slide have a dovetailed front sight?

Did you mean to say Vertec slide, which does have the dovetailed front sight, which is on sale right now? http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...fs-vertec-9mm/

The typical Centurion does not have a dovetail. I recommend you stay w/ your original desire for a dovetail. It is really nice to be able to get different sights. I would stick w/ the brig models as I am pretty sure that the dovetail on the Vertec slide is different. That means there will be less sights available. Since B92s are not Glocks we need all the possibilities we can get. Also, I would go w/ the Inox model as they are much easier to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Other than the current Wilson Centurion, does the typical Centurion slide have a dovetailed front sight?

Did you mean to say Vertec slide, which does have the dovetailed front sight, which is on sale right now? http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...fs-vertec-9mm/
    Woops. I meant Vertec but I had Centurion on the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I would stick w/ the brig models as I am pretty sure that the dovetail on the Vertec slide is different. That means there will be less sights available.
    My guess is by the time the OP gets around to figuring out exactly what he wants in the front dovetail (assuming he moves as slowly as I do) there will be as many options for the Vertec as there are for the Brigadier.

My "magic Beretta crystal ball" says the Vertec slide is going to become the standard slide in the Beretta family. It gives you the dovetail front sight without the heavy Brig slide. The Vertec and M9A3 use it, note the slide on the Wilson Centurion, and I believe the eventual Langdon Tactical will use it. I expect more to come.

Just a father trying to protect his family.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    My guess is by the time the OP gets around to figuring out exactly what he wants in the front dovetail (assuming he moves as slowly as I do) there will be as many options for the Vertec as there are for the Brigadier.

My "magic Beretta crystal ball" says the Vertec slide is going to become the standard slide in the Beretta family. It gives you the dovetail front sight without the heavy Brig slide. The Vertec and M9A3 use it, note the slide on the Wilson Centurion, and I believe the eventual Langdon Tactical will use it. I expect more to come.
    That would be a great thing if the Vertec became the standard. It does cost more to make but who knows how much more. If the retail price could be increased a max of $20, I think it should be a slam dunk decision for Beretta. This spring I did my first IDPA and Steel Challenge. I started w/ my 2014 92G because it was my newest B92 other than the M9A3. Then a guy let me just hold and point his gun that had a fiber optic front sight. WOW. I immediately switched to my old EII and ordered an FO front sight. Such a huge improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Saw that, however depending on how bright that orange front is and if i can get my preferred POA/POI with 124gr then it may not be a huge issue. Plus the price is right for the features.
    You can paint a front site yourself if you don't need something specific on the front sight like fiber optic or tritium.

Here's an article from a forum member (Sherman A. House) referencing a forum member (Tom Givens) on painting front sights.

https://civiliandefender.com/2016/04...vens-glock-35/

I have a M9A1 with Vertec Slide (dovetailed Front sight). Gives me the nice straight trigger guard, beveled magwell, rail, and dovetailed front sight.

Dovetail, no rail, magwell.

Right now I can only think of 1 frame that meets that criteria. The Beretta Elite II. It's a discontinued model that is fetching a fairly high price.

• Dovetail front, no rail, magwell = Elite II. Discontinued, hard to find, $900 and up usually on the used market. I believe it's the only non railed model with a magwell.
    • Dovetail front, no rail, no magwell = 92 Brigadier. Recent production or current production model. Average prices.
    • No dovetailed front, has rail, magwell = M9A1. Not currently being produced but not discontinued. Hard to find at the moment. Average Prices.
    • Dovetail front, rail, magwell = 92G-SD. I don't think these are current production. Can become pricey. OR Wilson Brigadier Tactical. Around 900 and up. OR Wilson Centurion Tactical. Slightly shorter slide. Prices similar to Brig Tac. OR the unreleased Langton Tactical Elite model 92. This is planned for 2018 and is an M9A1 with dovetail front, along with other upgrades. Price unknown
    • Dovetail front, rail, no magwell = 92A1. These guns do not interchange slides with other 92 series pistols. If you are hoping to have multiple 92s and change out slides on occasion this isn't my suggestion. Although it is by all accounts I've heard a great option on it's own. It shares compatibility with the 90-two model. I would suggest the 92 Brigadier over this model if you want no rail. The Brig will not have a magwell either, but will also lack a rail and (at the moment) more front sight options.
    • Dovetail front, rail, magwell = 92 Vertec. Two out of three aint bad, but these pistols also have a flat backstrap which can change the way the gun feels in hand. For some it's better, for some it's worse. For everyone its "different". You may want to check one out, if it fits well you may be willing to live with a rail due to fit. OR M9A3. This is essentially an upgraded Vertec with a threaded barrel and some other parts. It's only available in 50 shades of cat crap. Okay... it's not my thing but a lot of folks like FDE.

The only Beretta that matches perfectly is an Elite II. However, you could get a model without a magwell and send it off to have a magwell added on. I think both AGW and Wilson do that, but I'm not certain. There is of course some cost involved with that. If I were in your shoes, I'd grab a model with rail and live with it. Heck, maybe down the line you use a light on it. But right now unless you are okay with hunting really hard for a used model, and then still paying close to what a new model with rail would be... then a railed gun might be what best suits you. Or if a magwell isn't that important grab a Brigadier.

Hope this helps.

-Cory

User Tag List