Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Monterey Park, CA OIS incident captured on video by idiotic bystanders

Someone asked...

What MPPD carries. They were issuing HK USP in .40 as recently as 4-5 yrs ago. But it wouldn't surprise me if Glocks were either optional personal weapons or had replaced the HK as issued weapon. I retired from Alhambra PD which borders them on the north. Alhambra also issues the USP in .40.

I can also attest that there will be limitless numbers of clueless bystanders in either of those cities at all times of the night and day. What is shocking is that the comments were in English, Chinese being the dominant language there nowadays.

An interesting note, each officer shot five rounds and then assessed the threat. The second officer started the shoot sequence late, from a startled response. It would appear that once he started the draw and shoot program, it played out exactly as done by his partner. I would bet that a quick five shot drill is common to this department’s training program. I would also bet that, once the decision to shoot was made, it would have been a five shot volley regardless of threat’s response. This is a classic example of falling to your training when faced with danger. Well done training department, you equipped your men with the tools to save their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wonder how a Jimenez .22 would have done in this incident.
    Don't be silly. Everyone knows that if he was confronted by a citizen with a .22 he would have taken off running after the first time he was shot. Violent criminals are like that. (insert roll eyes here).

Serious comment: I wasn't able to tell a lot of specifics from watching that video. As well as the distance and being through what seemed like a window with water spots, and having a car in the way, the video ran kind of stop and go and would not let me move around to different parts. I can understand the limitations given the nature of the video, and was able to get the basics of what happened, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Ed L; 01-26-2012 at 02:05 AM.

User Tag List