Thread: Question for instructors RE: Your own training regarding post incident management

Question for instructors RE: Your own training regarding post incident management

This question is for the instructors among us.

What training have you had on the issues related to what happens post-fight?

I'm speaking more in the terms of how a shooting is handled by the police, what a person should or should not do...ect.

I'm not asking what you teach or what you believe is the best thing to do - I just want to know what the source is for whatever you teach in that area.

We are diminished
    Three years of law school and two years of working the Violent Crime section of the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington DC.

And obviously a plethora of experiences others have related before and since about actual shootings, trials, etc.

I suppose I should actually put my own training as well...

6 years as an attorney in Bridgeport, CT as defense counsel for various wrongfully accused people protecting them from "The Man".

Defended 1 actual, legit case of self defense in that time in which no shot was fired but a weapon was drawn, and dealt with several more in which SD was claimed but various things went wrong in the incident so SD as a legal defense usable in court was just not going to happen.

I have taken one SD case to trial as a civil matter. Lost it, but that is what happens when the guy who hit the other guy with a wrench says to the cops "Oh, him...he...fell...".

The police academy and 13 years of experience...

User Tag List