Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 870 detachable mag

870 detachable mag

So it would seem Remington will be releasing a detachable magazine system for the 870. Betcha $20 it doesn’t work.

Name:  20D6F6CB-C8D3-4FD3-AF83-BFB1F0B288DD.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by ASH556; 12-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Hey! I know, let's pump a bunch of R&D money into something that has 1) never worked well for everybody else that's tried it and 2) sold in minuscule numbers, because, it'll be different this time!

In all fairness, it must be pretty hard for gun-makers to come up with new product ideas right now.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Don't worry, the Derpster market will eat this up.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Gon' be a derpster fire

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    That shit immediately destroys the handiness of a short barrel shotgun.

This guy is former Army SF and usually does pretty decent vids.

https://youtu.be/M-AMb5jtkl8

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    That shit immediately destroys the handiness of a short barrel shotgun.
    This. One of the main reasons why I liked a 14" to 18" Remington 870 instead of a 10" AR or an Mp-5 for tight spaces like trailer homes, boats, and ships was the overall footprint is smaller due to no magazine sticking down, despite similar overall lengths.

Besides, I've never heard of magazine fed shotgun working worth a damn.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Death rattle of Remington? Hope not, but are you kidding me... a factory detachable magazine 870? Someone in R&D needs to lay off the crack pipe.

I actually just ordered the extension and tools to add another round in my TAC-14. That is 5+1, without a thing dangling below the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I bet they sell a ton of them.
    I bet they do too, and if it works, bully for them. But if we start seeing you tube videos of guys stuffing Estate bidshot into them and the guns choking, that won't be good for big green.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I bet they do too, and if it works, bully for them. But if we start seeing you tube videos of guys stuffing Estate bidshot into them and the guns choking, that won't be good for big green.
    My M1 eats Estate birdshot like candy, lol.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List