Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using a tornado brush to clean bores and cylinders

The tornado brushes are good for smooth surfaces: cylinder chambers and shotgun barrels. Not so much for rifling.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I suggest going to Walmart or a supermarket and buying pot scrubber pads made from pure copper. Cut and wrap around a smaller brush. I've noticed a trend toward using nylon bristle brushes in place of any metal. My copper pad example will work nicely for heavily leaded bores but is not needed for normal cleaning. In my old age I now think that in the past we were too aggressive in cleaning bores and did so too frequently. I have but would now never use a stainless steel brush. How would the shooter know if it was or was not mild stainless?
    Thanks for the advise. The question I have to ask, the copper wont hurt the bore and barrel will it. I have seen the copper pads you have talked about,I will have to get some and give them a try.

Site Supporter
    No. The copper being much softer than steel will do no harm. Read the fine print on the package to determine that it's 100% copper and not copper coated "something else".

+1 on the scrub pads. I purchased the Chore boy brand. Be careful pulling on those strands they are very sharp !! Cut with scissors.
    Works great on removing lead if you get any.

Mike

User Tag List