Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best trigger pull for compeition shooting?

Around 5 or 6 lbs DA is reasonable for a USPSA Production gun. But to me the quality of the SA is much more important, and not just the trigger weight. Personally, I do not like “surprise breaks”, and prefer some pretravel, a crisp break, and a crisp reset. I’d much rather have a 4 lb trigger like that than a 2 lb trigger without a distinct break and reset.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Around 5 or 6 lbs DA is reasonable for a USPSA Production gun. But to me the quality of the SA is much more important, and not just the trigger weight. Personally, I do not like “surprise breaks”, and prefer some pretravel, a crisp break, and a crisp reset. I’d much rather have a 4 lb trigger like that than a 2 lb trigger without a distinct break and reset.
    Bruce Gray expressed that same opinion to me during one of his classes. I totally agree with a having a predictable trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    You're right, my trigger is what's holding me back from making GM

Until you're at a stupidly high tier (or you truly have a dumpster fire of a trigger) it's all academic internet gear chat and something to burn excess income on. That's fine but it sure as hell isn't the reason people's scores are low. Heck, even at god tier shooting it's more convenience than critical.

So your contention is that anyone below a 'stupidly high tier' will shoot as well with a DA revolver as a stock 1911. One handed. At 25 yards. Quickly.

Sure, absolutely.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by DT Guy View Post
    So your contention is that anyone below a 'stupidly high tier' will shoot as well with a DA revolver as a stock 1911. One handed. At 25 yards. Quickly.

Sure, absolutely.

Larry
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by DT Guy View Post
    One handed. At 25 yards. Quickly.
    What's the name of that classifier, it doesn't ring a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    Lighter is better, obviously, but not to the extent that it negatively affects reliability.

It's easy to go way too far down the rabbit hole of trigger "improvement" when your time would have been better spent training.
    THIS

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Bruce Gray expressed that same opinion to me during one of his classes. I totally agree with a having a predictable trigger.
    AND THIS

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Explain then, oh wise one-you contended weight of pull didn't matter; I suggested that it might. Elaborate-

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    What's the name of that classifier, it doesn't ring a bell.
    You've never shot a match requiring such a shot? You should get out more.

Larry

Calm your tits, Larry.

User Tag List