Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lessons from 12,000 gunfights

Site Supporter

Lessons from 12,000 gunfights

At the Rangemaster Instructor Reunion & Conference we recently held in Shawnee, Oklahoma, John Correia presented an outstanding lecture on what he has observed in watching 12,000 gunfights on video. That’s right, 12,000. Surveillance cameras are everywhere now, and that fact brings us many, many videotaped violent incidents to study.

Noted trainer Karl Rehn (KR Training, near Austin, TX), attended the conference and he has written up his thoughts on John’s presentation. You can see them at http://blog.krtraining.com/even-more...or-conference/

The next instructor reunion and conference will be on June 9-10, 2018, in Athens, GA. If you are a graduate of the Rangemaster instructor program you can register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rangema...ts-39451499497

Site Supporter
    Good stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Tom and thanks to Karl for writing the article.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Hammertime
    Karlnis one of the best writers and analysts in the industry right now, IMO. Love his blog.

Thanks for sharing, Tom. And thanks to Karl for enumerating the salient info derived from the data.

Thank you sir. Excellent and potentially lifesaving information.

Site Supporter
    Interesting, thanks for posting it.

Site Supporter
    Interesting data and Karl is awesome. I started training with him way back when in a Continuing Ed. course he offered through the UT at Austin.

He is superbly trained in the scientific method and applies that to important questions of technique and behavior! His analyses of small guns, sights and training are must read.

On a parallel note, I accessed Mr. Rehn’s site, and noted he has an evaluation/test(drill?) around “minimum standards” put forth by Ed Head of GUNSITE fame, and a retired BP Agent. Concealed carry standards, relevant to the data from the conference. 3 to 10 yards, a couple of main hand strings, some with two targets, all from concealment. I tried it, and was gratified to clean it.
    FWIW, honestly working an evaluation like this seems advisable and instructive.
    I thank Mr. Givens for calling attention to it and Mr. Head and Mr. Rehn for their work.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    About the only thing I'd disagree with is the usefulness of pepper spray in defensive scenarios. OC/CS is for non-compliance, not for assaults.

User Tag List