Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM 9mm 2 Failures to extract with CCI Blazer Aluminum

HK P30 LEM 9mm 2 Failures to extract with CCI Blazer Aluminum

I was shooting my HK P30 LEM 9mm and had 2 failures to extract case from chamber with 9mm Blazer aluminum case.

Background:
    P30 was dirty from 2000+ rounds of which about 700 were aluminum case Blazer 115gr bullet. This is my practice pistol.
    Failure to extract using 2 different known good magazines with Blazer ammo.
    After these 2 failures to extract I loaded several magazines with Sellier & Bellot 124gr and had no problems.

In the past I have shot this and other P30 9mm 5000 + rounds without cleaning and had no problems.

My guess is that the aluminum case ammo is more likely, than brass case ammo, to stick in the chamber in a dirty P30.

I will try the Aluminum Blazer in the same P30 after cleaning and see what happens.

Any thoughts ?

Unpossible.

I had a couple FTFs at a recent class with mine. Relatively clean gun and I taprackbanged myself back into action, so I have no idea what caused them. I've since switched to my P2000 for unrelated reasons.

On the one hand I'm free of any delusion that my gun is perfectly reliable, because H&K. OTOH, I should probably look into this.
    David S.

I've found Blazer Aluminum to be "sub-optimal" in just about every gun I've ever shot it in.
    YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    I've found Blazer Aluminum to be "sub-optimal" in just about every gun I've ever shot it in.
    YMMV
    Same. I hate cleaning up after the stuff too. More of a mess (mucho) compared to brass. I haven’t bought a box in many years now.
    The stuff reminds me of someone buying a Porsche or Ferrari then going to the pump and buying the cheapest 87 octane you can find.

IIRC the P30 manual specifically says no aluminum or steel cased ammunition.

ETA: It came up in the first week of Todd's endurance test.

Pistol-Training.com: P30 Thursday: Week One

We did have one bobble with the Blazer. The P30 manual clearly states that aluminum and steel case ammunition should not be used. True to their word, a combination of inadvertent thumb pressure on the slide and the not-recommended ammunition led to a double feed. I was able to reproduce the problem with that ammo only so long as I pressed against the slide. While it’s certainly unfortunate that the P30 is incompatible with such a common practice load, because the ammo was not within the P30’s specifications we’re not counting it against the gun.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 12-03-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thought someone (Vinh?) in TLG’s Rogers class had problems with Blazer in their P30?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    IIRC the P30 manual specifically says no aluminum or steel cased ammunition.
    I guess I should have read that. I had a number of stuck cases of wolf, including one that had to be doweled out. I got spoiled by my 2000sk, which reliably feeds, fires, extracts, and ejects all manner of 9mm.

Each and every time I have used CCI Blazer aluminum in my Walther CCP, many ftf and fte. My Shield is able to handle them....at least up to this point. Problem is I bought a slew of boxes when PSA had a very good sale .......shame on me

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Aluminum and steel cased Blazer, Fed and Tula will fail to extract in my USPc. After the malfunction I've pulled the remaining rounds from the mag, put them in a glock 19 and 17 gen 3s and had zero issue. I attributed it to a tight HK chamber, low power ammo and greater friction with steel and alum. over brass. Just a guess.
    Last edited by Alembic; 12-03-2017 at 10:33 PM.

I've had less than stellar results from the aluminum cases stuff as well in general.

My p30 and both p2000 pistols run the animal brands of ammo fine, though ymmv.

I expect it's a combo of the case and that loading being a bit weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List