Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo Agent Sights on Brownells

Ameriglo Agent Sights on Brownells

Didn't see it posted here, but looks like the Gen 5 sights with the "u" notch are now on sale at Brownells... Good deal for the Gen 4 and Gen 3 sights at 84.99.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod113320.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Didn't see it posted here, but looks like the Gen 5 sights with the "u" notch are now on sale at Brownells... Good deal for the Gen 4 and Gen 3 sights at 84.99.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod113320.aspx
    If by Agent they mean FBI contract sights then they seem to have missed the fact Ameriglo has been selling them via their eBay page and direct sales for some time now...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Looking at the Brownells page, it shows the sights for the Gen 5 as being different than other Glock sights (.200 tall instead of whatever the standard is). Am I to understand that swapping sights across earlier generation Glocks over to a Gen 5 is a no go? Specifically, if you are going to put aftermarket sights on a Gen 5, will these be Gen 5 specific?

I have tried to keep up with the Gen 5 thread, but it is... lengthy. Forgive me if this was covered therein.

So, I am waiting on the Ameriglo square notch (.165") square notch BOLD sights for my Gen 5 G19. I will probably be going with the .140" thick x 180" H green tritium front sight to get the 6 O'clock hold I prefer . Glock said at some point they will be available at their online store, but didn't know when. I don't believe they are currently available anywhere.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-03-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Looking at the Brownells page, it shows the sights for the Gen 5 as being different than other Glock sights (.200 tall instead of whatever the standard is). Am I to understand that swapping sights across earlier generation Glocks over to a Gen 5 is a no go? Specifically, if you are going to put aftermarket sights on a Gen 5, will these be Gen 5 specific?

I have tried to keep up with the Gen 5 thread, but it is... lengthy. Forgive me if this was covered therein.
    The three Gen5 19s I put sights on required a .250" tall front with a .250" tall rear. .215" is what was most common for a 19 in the previous gens. If it was a 17 I think I would have needed a .265-.270" tall to get a drive the dot sight picture at 25y.

Thank you sir.

Didn't know that they where sold via their eBay page or through direct sales. Thx for letting me know, Voodoo. I was a sucker and got this offer off Brownells to replace a set of sights that I had on an older 19 that the tritium lamps long ago died on me, not to mention that the rear sight always jabbed me (at least that is my justification...). lol Not sure why they are called the Agent. That is what Brownells called them, as well as what was labeled on the package. Not sure if they are the FBI contract sights or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Didn't know that they where sold via their eBay page or through direct sales. Thx for letting me know, Voodoo. I was a sucker and got this offer off Brownells to replace a set of sights that I had on an older 19 that the tritium lamps long ago died on me, not to mention that the rear sight always jabbed me (at least that is my justification...). lol Not sure why they are called the Agent. That is what Brownells called them, as well as what was labeled on the package. Not sure if they are the FBI contract sights or not.
    I mean, they were looking for a name for the sights, Agent sights is a pretty cool name/idea.
    They are good sights, you'll do well with them.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Is the U-notch rear essentially this sight, but without the white outlines?

https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...-tritium-rears

Specifically wondering if they are .256” tall?

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Is the U-notch rear essentially this sight, but without the white outlines?

https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...-tritium-rears

Specifically wondering if they are .256” tall?
    The FBI's are serrated rears.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List