Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My strange love of the Combat Masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just won an auction on a two inch 15 on GB — what grips do I want? Any other info, on preferred ammo or other things relevant to this revolver?
    Spegel boot grips for the win.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I think they're pretty hard not to love.
    Name:  m15-1.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  54.3 KB
    Name:  m15-2.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  51.5 KB
    Name:  m153.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  65.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Calling dibs on the Hurst grips......

Just a note....LT. Dave shot that gun like a boss in class and we noted that it was a great example of being like riding a bicycle. After a little warm up and reacquinting with rolling a DA trigger he shot great and his gun handling skills were super well honed. It was fun to watch him, Mark Fricke and Wayne all run guns as lefty's. They came from the "figure it out yourself, hippy" era of how to teach lefty's in LE.
    That gun has a pretty nice action, but IMHO hasn’t had any work done on it. I didn’t pull the sideplate, but 99% sure the springs were all full power.
    I had sighted it in prior to the class, shooting SA off sandbags. The first live DA shot I fired out of it was at the class. Never used the floral carved Lawrence holster before either.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Spegel boot grips for the win.
    +1. I've got four sets of his Boot Plus grips, including the one on my M67. IMO they're absolutely the best grips for a K frame square butt.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    +1. I've got four sets of his Boot Plus grips, including the one on my M67. IMO they're absolutely the best grips for a K frame square butt.
    Are they in stock anywhere, or is it an order and wait proposition?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Let's be honest. If you don't like K-frames to the point it defies logic you're just doing it wrong.

I was coaching three youngsters yesterday at the range on how to safely operate a wheelgun. I was using my 4" Model 15, and all of them loved it.

I did find a better set of grips and am whittling them down for younger paws.

The two firearms they loved the most were a K-frame Smith and a suppressed .22 AR. We only stopped shooting those two when we ran out of ammo.

And I brought a LOT of ammo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Are they in stock anywhere, or is it an order and wait proposition?
    If he's still making them - he's no spring chicken - it's a call and talk with him and wait thing. It might be ten years since I bought a set. If you need a set now, Uncle Mike's offered rubber ones that he designed, but they're not the Plus configuration, and I haven't seen them recently. If you need a set quick, PM me and I'll send you a set of the Uncle Mike's, I've got spares.

ETA: He's finally on the internet, his website is http://www.craigspegel.com/
    Last edited by revchuck38; 12-03-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Site Supporter
    What kind of holsters did those of you who carried revolvers use? What about reloads ?

When I was issued a Security Six, I used a Bianchi Pistol Pocket for off duty carry. I used Safariland Split Six carriers for reloads, although sometimes I would use the wire speedloader holder that Ted Blocker made.

User Tag List