Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6 Review with some SR-15 thrown in.

Considering I just bought one I'm not going to sign up to see what I missed!

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Can you spot the difference? Coming 2018.

Only one way to see it - sign up for our newsletter - drops 12/08/17 http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vortex_enewsletter

If it’s a newer better reticle I’m going to lose my shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping its a 1-8 that is the same size. I have a bare 6920 that could use an optic!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I'm hoping its a 1-8 that is the same size. I have a bare 6920 that could use an optic!
    Agreed Sig, decided to move my S&B 1-4 SD & a bud has the 1-8 Strike Eagle that I need to coon finger.

The bump for my old tired eyes will be to someone’s 1-8 LPVO after SHOT & Vortex’s value + warranty have my attn.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    One thing about the weight of the optic is not so much the total weight it self, but rather how it effects the balance of the rifle due to the placement on top of the rifle.
    Yes. I have a 14.5" SOCOM with a Aimpoint Micro and a friend had a nice custom built 14.5 pencil barrel with with a Primary Arms 1-6x. The handling of his pencil barrel was negatively impacted by the weight of the LPV. He shot faster and more accurately with my SOCOM. I tried to like my friend's AR because it's a good rifle, but the handling felt dead and awkward. He got rid of the scope.

The weight of the optic does matter and it's not just because less weight is easier to tote. It's because of how it affects the handling and balance of the rifle.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-06-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    8x would at least sort of justify the weight of the Vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    An improved reticle would be a significant gain to that optic.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 12-07-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    8x would at least sort of justify the weight of the Vortex.
    One of the reasons I bought the Trijicon 1-8 was that it weighed the same as the Razor 1-6 but was a 1-8 instead (the fact that I liked my 1-4 Accupower, i liked the 1-8 reticle, and that cost was roughly the same were also significant factors). If they released the 1-8 at roughly the same weight, I would probably buy one of those, too.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I still prefer 1-6x over 1-8 since the 1 power of the aspect is typically better and the exit pupil is easier to get behind. I'm also not a huge fan of FFP scopes on a LPV, the Trijicon 1-8 is built really well but I'm not a fan of it being FFP and the reticles stink IMO.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

[snip]... the Trijicon 1-8 is built really well but I'm not a fan of it being FFP and the reticles stink IMO.
    Preach it brother.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I still prefer 1-6x over 1-8 since the 1 power of the aspect is typically better and the exit pupil is easier to get behind. I'm also not a huge fan of FFP scopes on a LPV, the Trijicon 1-8 is built really well but I'm not a fan of it being FFP and the reticles stink IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Preach it brother.
    To each their own. It works really well for me.

User Tag List