Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noveske Gen III SPR

I’d lay Dollars to pesos that the number of people who are able to shoot an SPR to a level where one brand matters over another are few and far between. I’ll also go out on a limb and state that the number of people who can actually maximize performance of an SPR are even fewer.

Buying an SPR because you want one is a personal choice. But from what I’ve seen from AR shooters in this country, an SPR is an ingenious way to part a fool and his money.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 12-08-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I’d lay Dollars to pesos that the number of people who are able to shoot an SPR to a level where one brand matters over another are few and far between. I’ll also go out on a limb and state that the number of people who can actually maximize performance of an SPR are even fewer.

Buying an SPR because you want one is a personal choice. But from what I’ve seen from AR shooters in this country, an SPR is an ingenious way to part a fool and his money.
    To piggy back on this thread, I've been looking at getting a KAC LPR Mod 2 upper. I already have a 14.5" carbine mod 2, and it's definitely one of the more accurate AR's I have shot. I won't hesitate to admit that it can out shoot me.

I then read through the thread here with the SR15 and Vortex and it really got me thinking that I don't need the LPR upper. It's nice, but I don't think I'm going to be able to shoot it to it's limitations. It got me thinking of just buying another 14.5" or 16" mod 2 upper and placing an LPV optic on it for dedicated longer range shooting.

To answer the OP, my only experience with Noveske is a stripped gen 1 lower, so I can't say much about them. However, you really can't go wrong with KAC. It is expensive, but once you have it in hand and do some shooting with it, you can see where you get all of the value. Whether or not it's something that you need is another thing.

Noveske Gen III SPR

I thought I needed an SPR until I put a 1-6 Razor on top of my 16” SR-15 Mod 2 and found out with was a 1.25 MOA rifle with Hornady TAP. Not really sure what an SPR would gain me other than a few lbs.

ETA: I think over the past few years it seems like the quality of barrels has gone up substantially. At one point I think an SPR offered a lot to gain over an average AR-15 but now days, it seems that gap has narrowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 12-09-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I fall into this category, currently. However, I aspire to be able to run the platform to its potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal fav is the $2.5k rifle, topped with an equal investment in glass, fed $0.25/round Ammo by a guy that’s got maybe 100 rounds ever through an AR prior to purchase. Because:need

My favorite are the comments provided without reference, and based on a small cross reference of sample rifles, and a shit ton of personal bias that has actual fuck all to do with reality.

But let’s not let facts get in the way of our personal opinions.

My advice would be to buy whatever the fuck you want. Let’s get real, 98% of the AR shooting world can’t maximize performance from a Model One Sales, DPMS, or service grade rifle from any number of garbage manufacturers, so actual mechanical capabilities are rather irrelevant.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 12-10-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List