Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December Rangemaster Newsletter

Site Supporter

December Rangemaster Newsletter

The December issue of Rangemaster’s monthly newsletter is posted at

http://rangemaster.com/wp-content/up...Newsletter.pdf

If you have family members who don’t train or go armed, you might consider having them read this edition. There are some important personal safety issues addressed.

Lynn and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!

Tom

Tom, your article on "Safe Neighborhoods" is probably the most important message you can share with your readers. Thank you for reiterating it, especially during this time of year when folks will be out shopping and may be oblivious to those who may be watching them as they return to their vehicles or homes.

Safe holidays to you, (and all my P-F brethren), and all of your loved ones.
    Last edited by blues; 12-01-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Looking forward to reading.

These are always worth taking a look at.

Thanks Tom. See y’all in March.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-01-2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Kant spel

Excellent, per usual. Just read it all. Concur with blues; nice shout out to Tony; good to see some familiar names heading my direction.

Thanks again for doing these, TG.

Thank you for another outstanding newsletter.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Great shoutout and pic of Tony! Amazingly, I had no idea what he looked like.

Horrible story of the home invasion. I thought police no longer did the, wait outside while everyone inside is getting killed routine. That story gives me chills - it could very well have been my family.

Safe Neighborhoods story hits close to home, very close. The Petit house was (it's gone) approximately a mile form my house as the crow flies. My wife and kids were in the same supermarket on the same day/afternoon that the Petit women were spotted and marked by the perps. The two perps like Tom's article states liked what they saw. Then when the family departed the store they got into a nice shiny white Mercedes further peaking the perpetrator's interest.

Hayes & Komisarjevsky entered through unlocked Bilco doors into the basement.

Tom wrote that the Cheshire Police spotted and pursued Hayes & Komisarjevsky as they fled. Actually the getaway car attempted to ram it's way through a road block on the perimeter.

Komisarjevsky was adopted and well known to the local police. He had previously been pinched for multiple breaking & enterings. Komisarjevsky liked to break into peoples home and watch them sleep. He was know to use night vision during his break ins. He was a real sick bastard. Komisarjevsky lived in Cheshire and not far from the Petit's home. He obviously new the area well.

A few comments about Tom's numbered comments with added perspective from someone who watched all this unfold and witnessed the mood of the towns people.

#1 The residents of Cheshire were beyond Shocked. You could feel the mood everywhere you went. So many erroneously thought that bad things cannot happen in Cheshire. It was talked about on local TV news that Cheshire was a place were people thought that they did not need to lock their doors.

#2 I know the store and the neighborhood where the Petits lived. Honestly I can easily see how a couple of deviant bastards could follow them home unnoticed. They lived about one mile from the supermarket.

#3 Yup Lock your dam doors no matter how safe you foolishly think your town/neighborhood is. My wife kept saying and still to this day if it ever comes up, "if they only had a dog."

#4 Initially the bank and the police did not believe Mrs. Petit and her story. They thought along the lines that she was an unhappy spouse trying to drain an account and vamoose. Again more of the "nothing like that could be happening here mentality".

#5 Dr. Petit at the time of the incident struck me as a someone who would not own guns. If his attitude has changed I do not know.

#6 Absolutely! Far too many sheeple live under a false sense of security.

The aftermath: There was a massive upswing in applications for gun permits in town, especially women. Alarm companies did big business. Dogs became very popular.

There are still many (mostly women including my wife) who maintain suspicion of Dr. Petit. Reportedly the CT State Police Major Crimes Unit had seriously looked into this possibility. In many folks opinion it did not bode well that the only survivor was the male of the family. Dr. Petit is remarried and has a child with his new wife.

We have a member here who was a volunteer Fireman in Cheshire and was inside the scene. He saw ugly stuff.

Last edited by JohnO; 12-01-2017 at 12:35 PM.

There are still many (mostly women including my wife) who maintain suspicion of Dr. Petit. Reportedly the CT State Police Major Crimes Unit had seriously looking into this possibility. In many opinion it did not bode well that the only survivor was the male of the family. Dr. Petit is remarried and has a child with his new wife.
    I was always troubled by this case for exactly this reason...but since I had no access to the evidence or the ability to ask questions it's always remained an unscratched itch. (Actually, I was troubled by the innocents losing their lives but you know what I mean.)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    #3 Yup Lock your dam doors no matter how safe you foolishly think your town/neighborhood is. My wife kept saying and still to this day if it ever comes up, "if they only had a dog."[/IMG]
    I'm sure this is not a one-size-fits-all deal with regards to dogs, but I remember growing up and watching the show It Takes a Thief. Several dogs did not really impact the plans of the burglars. In one case, I remember them bringing steaks for the dogs, getting them to move to a room and simply locking them inside to go about their business of ransacking the house. The owners watching from the surveillance cameras were completely shocked that the dogs did so little to slow them down.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I'm sure this is not a one-size-fits-all deal with regards to dogs, but I remember growing up and watching the show It Takes a Thief. Several dogs did not really impact the plans of the burglars. In one case, I remember them bringing steaks for the dogs, getting them to move to a room and simply locking them inside to go about their business of ransacking the house. The owners watching from the surveillance cameras were completely shocked that the dogs did so little to slow them down.
    A few years back, we had a family in Madang town living in a house without a security guard. One night, some crooks came and stole a bicycle. So, we lent them a German Shepherd to act as security.
    A couple of nights later, some crooks were back, prying open the security bars over the windows while the dog sat there, on the porch, looking up happily at the crims.
    Yelling for the neighbors did what the dog didn't.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List