Thread: Week 245: The Double Test

Week 245: The Double Test

Week 245: The Double Test

Results may be posted until January 1st, 2018.

Original test designed by: Ken Hackathorn
    Range: 20 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: See variations below
    Rounds Fired: 10

Let's shoot a variation of the classic "The Test" from Ken Hackathorn - the "Double Test".

Set up your B8 target at 20 yards. At the start signal, fire 10 rounds. 20 seconds is the par time. Your choice of start position - ready, holstered, or concealed. Use a .3 second grace period with the par time so that you can react and stop shooting if time runs out (set the par to 20 seconds, but only shots over 20.3 seconds are overtime shots that count as misses.) 90 or more points under the par time Passes the Double Test.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used: gun, holster (if applicable), concealment (if applicable)
    Start position
    Pass or fail
    Number of points
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Holstered G17 MOS w/DPro.
    19.58 seconds, 92 points.
    It was a pass but it was ugly. For whatever reason my accuracy was a bit loose for my whole range trip this morning. Never could quite get it figured out.

Name:  IMG_20171202_110836.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  32.5 KB

In one sense not happy with this, in another it's valuable, showing just how much work I need to do under pressure. I figured 20 seconds would be plenty of time for 10 rounds but ran the test twice and only 9 rounds made the par. Plus, had 4 and 3 misses on each string.

Here's my first target, shot cold. My second target was not much different after an hour of shooting.

Name:  TestDouble.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  13.4 KB

So, can’t resist a version of the test-just ask Mr. Dobbs...
    Equipment: Gen5 17, Ameriglo sights(yellow front, “u” rear, 3 dot night sights)and Inforce APL compact light mounted in a Safariland ALS holster concealed under down jacket. 123 gr. Fiocchi fmj.
    Start position: “Low ready”
    Result: Pass(barely) with a 90 in around 15 seconds. Not pretty w/4 “8s”&2”9s”, but I’ll take it...
    Notes: Could have utilized time better-may try it again-noted sights carefully and called 8s.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Holstered G17 MOS w/DPro.
    19.58 seconds, 92 points.
    It was a pass but it was ugly. For whatever reason my accuracy was a bit loose for my whole range trip this morning. Never could quite get it figured out.

Name:  IMG_20171202_110836.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  32.5 KB
    Winning ugly is still winning. Nice shooting
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Name:  20171212_121606.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  38.6 KB

Slowly but surely getting rid of the bulk pack of full-size B8s that I bought last year.

Equipment used: Beretta 92G, stock except for D spring, steel trigger, and orange paint on the front sight.
    Start position: Low ready
    Pass - 92/100 in 14.98s
    Anything you noticed - As usual, I have difficulty pacing myself to use the whole allotted time. I've noticed this when shooting the "super test" as well - my 15 yard/15 second string is always done in about 10 seconds.

User Tag List