Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: RDS for Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with Thunder Beast Take Down Can

Site Supporter

RFI: RDS for Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with Thunder Beast Take Down Can

Gentlemen -

I'm putting together a "fun gun" for blasting empty beer cans, skunks, and stray jihadists. The base pistol is a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV...te/models.html. I've made a deposit on and am waiting BATFE approval for a Thunder Beast Model 22 Take Down suppressor https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/22-take-down. I'd like to run a RDS on this pistol. My only experience with a RDS on a pistol is my SIG 320C RX with the Romeo 1 RDS. It works just fine. However, I'm not sure the Romeo 1 is the "best" option for my new blaster. I'd appreciate your recommendations. With best regards from the Big Empty, ELN.

My only experience is a Burris Fastfire III on a Ruger MkII. I used the Burris mount for the Ruger rear sight dovetail. It's worked well.

I have an Aimpoint H1 on a 22/45 with a Tac Sol upper. Works well but a bit pricey

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have an Aimpoint H1 on a 22/45.... Works well but a bit pricey
    I have one on Mark III, I did catch the silver H1 on sale. We setup some steel after dinner on Thanksgiving and everybody loves that gun.

ETA: They make this, I got one of the silver one:
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  23.5 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-30-2017 at 04:17 PM.

That's a nice setup. I've got a TBAC 22 Takedown in NFA jail, and will be watching this thread with interest.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Here is the Aimpoint mount:
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  68.4 KB

Will the Aimpoint Mount accept some of the knock-offs that utilize the same footprint? I struggle with the idea of a $600 optic on a $300 plinker pistol...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Will the Aimpoint Mount accept some of the knock-offs that utilize the same footprint? I struggle with the idea of a $600 optic on a $300 plinker pistol...
    I think they might, but dunno. It is an Aimpoint accessory.
    And yeah, a few years ago Midway ran a deal on the silver ones, and several of us hopped on them for like $300 or less. I forget, but it was a remarkable deal, or it wouldn't be on mine. Though if you go for the can and the stamp and TacSol upper, then why not

I posted the picture cause I do not think that many people are aware they even exist, I didn't until I was wondering what I was gonna do with the silver Aimpoint I bought because it was a deal.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-30-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Name:  IMG_0089.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  81.0 KB

Here's the Fastfire III in the rear sight dovetail mount. I like how low it is, but it might be too low for a suppressor.

Try the Vortex Venom. Check it youtube reviews...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List