Thread: Stoner CNC Beretta 92 Grips.

Stoner CNC Beretta 92 Grips.

For about three years now, I've been using a pair of smooth carbon fiber VZ grips on my carry gun. G10 has become my grip material of choice for my working guns. However, even traditional checkering can feel like a cheese grader against bare skin and since I usually carry, during the summer months, under a shirt with no under garment this has been an issue. The smooth VZs work great for comfort, but I've wanted something with some texture to aid in grip security. I love the texture on the Langdon Tactical grips, but the slim thickness doesn't work with my big hands.

Enter Stoner CNC............

Stoner bills this as their Cross Hatch pattern. It's essentially the same as that used by VZ on their Tactical Slant 1911 grips, which were my grip of choice when I carried God's Gun. I found the texture to be a perfect mix of comfort and adhesion, but VZ doesn't offer it for the 92. A couple of weeks ago I was practicing my Googlefu and came upon these.

You'll notice the texturing covers the grips entire contact surface. I really appreciate this and it really aids in security.

The shape of the panels leading edge matches the contour of the frame. This is something not seen on most competitors and may be a minor aesthetic touch, but still a nice one.

The upper rear part of the grip, directly in front of the frames beaver tail, is nicely tapered to the frame. I've seen several people complain of discomfort in this area with other grip brands and if that's a problem for you, you'll appreciate this. It also helps one get a bit higher grip on the gun as well.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the purchase. They offer just the combination of comfort and texture I was looking for. The quality is as good as any I've seen from other manufacturers. Shipping was quick and the price was good. They're $55.95 directly from Stoner, but I found them for $44.95 on Etsy.

https://www.stonercnc.com/
    Last edited by Trooper224; 03-28-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Looks good. I'll have to grab a set to try.

Site Supporter
    Very interested in these! Thanks for sharing your find!

User Tag List