Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii confiscating guns of medical MJ card holders

Hawaii confiscating guns of medical MJ card holders

This isn’t about pot, it’s about any excuse to confiscate guns. It’s also a warning about registration.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/1...heir-firearms/
    #RESIST

Nobody saw that coming?
    I fully expect the ATF to start cracking down on medicinal MJ users who "lied" on their 4473's.
    I don't know how they'll get Med MJ card holder info, but I bet a Judge somewhere will order it turned over.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jeff "Drug Warrior" Sessions doesn't make it a priority... this has "bi-partisan" written all over it, Dems hate guns Reps hate "dopers".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This isn’t about pot, it’s about any excuse to confiscate guns. It’s also a warning about registration.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/1...heir-firearms/
    While I have brought this up before as an argument for the issues with liberals picking and choosing which Federal laws to follow.....I am curious as to how a State is concerned about enforcement and violation of Federal law in regards to the Marijuana, but wants people to turn in their guns because Marijuana use and Firearms possession conflict under Federal Law. I would love to see what the Pro Marijuana folks argument would be if say Texas decided that recreational firearms use and purchases....or "grown at home" firearms that had no compliance to Federal Law would be okay. Love the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 11-30-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I would love to see what the Pro Marijuana folks argument would be if say Texas decided that recreational firearms use and purchases....or "grown at home" firearms that had no compliance to Federal Law would be okay. Love the hypocrisy.
    Montana tried that with home grown guns... yea... bitch slapped by BigFedGov.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-30-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I always figured this was at least one reason why Obama didn't bother enforcing the federal anti-MJ laws. Get as many people as possible to sign themselves up to be prohibited from firearm ownership. I'd assume CA is either doing the same thing or waiting for more people to get signed up before they play the hand.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-30-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

People put their name on a list saying that they willingly violate federal law... And don't expect any potential consequences. Firearm owners who went and got a medical card, and didn't see anything bad coming, must have been high.

Man, all of the above, IMO. @LittleLebowski has it right in the OP. AND, these folks lied on a Federal form. There are no winners here.

Still, given how my own state (WA) records every old wheelie, or Gen 5 I buy in the DOL database, there is a reason I won’t even go to a doc, unless my connective tissue is giving way, or I’m leaking cooling fluid all over the floor. Too many eyes in too many pies.

I know a few medical marijuana card holders who have pistols in Mi. We have to register pistols here. Basically you are supposed to forfeit your cpl if you get a card. Mi has been really good about letting peeps be. As long as they are following the law.

This is a mess and the exact kind of shit why we push back so hard as Americans to all the registration talk with Federal Gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    People put their name on a list saying that they willingly violate federal law... And don't expect any potential consequences. Firearm owners who went and got a medical card, and didn't see anything bad coming, must have been high.
    This. Stevie Wonder, Helen Keller, Doc Watson, and Ray Charles ALL saw this coming. "Hi, would you like to sign up for this card that says you're in violation of federal law, AND that if you fill out a 4473 you will either need to lie or get disapproved?" "Derp, yeah, I want weed for my glaucoma."

The Notice has been up at the Firearms division in public view for at least a year. Everyone knew it was coming.

A few points for perspective.

The Chief that issued the notice is new, as the old one is under federal investigation for corruption, and resigned
    Firearms permits are issued after the applicant's primary physician says the applicant is "fit" to possess weapons.
    What if you have a card, but haven't actually USED marijuana for treatment? Does that make you a "user"?

User Tag List