Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding an RDS to a SIRT

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The idea is you activate the trigger take-up laser to simulate the dot. This, in my opinion, will instill bad habits.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Not having the takeup laser version I can't comment.

The way I've used it is to verify my mount and to practice "shooting the streak".

The SIRT really lends itself to target focused shooting, for better or worse.

I hot glued a Vortex Venom with top load battery to my SIRT to simulate my Glock MOS/RMR06's. It was still great for dry fire practice but as others have mentioned it got boring seeing a red dot hit a red dot over and over... I let the RDS get knocked off as I didn't do a good prep job anyways and just use it as normal.

I keep a one of my MOS/RMR pistols handy around the house and just practice presentations all day long...

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I used to desire this quite a bit, until I realized from several threads here that the laser may not be doing me the favors in training I thought it was. I finally sold my SIRT, bought the DryfireMag, and had a buddy 3D print a bright yellow Glock training barrel. I haven't looked back, it's perfect. I'm using the sights or RDS on the actual gun, get the repeated trigger pull, and I'm not distracted by lasers.
    Name:  128828424_1123857001363431_9757388627034488_n.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  45.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I used to desire this quite a bit, until I realized from several threads here that the laser may not be doing me the favors in training I thought it was. I finally sold my SIRT, bought the DryfireMag, and had a buddy 3D print a bright yellow Glock training barrel. I haven't looked back, it's perfect. I'm using the sights or RDS on the actual gun, get the repeated trigger pull, and I'm not distracted by lasers.
    Looking to use this for instructor demo and some initial draw/presentation training primarily.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    5.11 used to make these polymer training barrels, I don't know if they still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The 1301 is ... the honey badger of semi-auto shotguns.

User Tag List