Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: US Army fields SIG M17 and M18 pistols

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Limited run unless it sells well.

I bought a SIG 1911 C3 because a SIG rep told me it was a limited run. Apparently that was true but the public clamour was enough that it became a regular catalog item.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    I hope you're right. It's absurd that the M17 and M18 wouldn't be permanent stocking items.
    Yes. Absolutely should be a standard item. It took Beretta way too long. By the time they launched the M9 civilian model nobody cared.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Upon first looking through the photos, I thought that putting the handguns in nylon holsters, MOLLE-ed to the flight vests was maybe just a testing procedure and that fighter pilots didn’t actually use Walmart-like nylon holsters with plastic clips. But through some investigation, they actually do! From a shooting performance standpoint, these holsters are not very desirable. However, for a fighter pilot, it makes some sense. These service handguns aren’t being constantly drawn; if they even are drawn it is because the pilot has been ejected from his aircraft and must either hunt animals for food or immediate self-defense against an enemy. Having a high-speed Safariland holster isn’t entirely necessary for this matter, and might actually be detrimental with modern day jets looking to cut down on as much weight as possible (every ounce counts right?).

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...jection-seats/
    Reading this article makes me better understand LTC nutnfancy's peculiar style of operating.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Chamber empty carry for AF?

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Chamber empty carry for AF?
    For aircrew, when flying. Normal USAF carry with the M9 is round chambered, decocked, and safety off.

Sig has never been shy about adding SKU's to their line-up. I can't imagine they would win the M17/18 contract but only sell commercial versions as limited editions.

Quote Originally Posted by apg06 View Post
    For aircrew, when flying. Normal USAF carry with the M9 is round chambered, decocked, and safety off.
    IMO, in an airplane the chain of events to eventually use the pistol is such that chamber empty does not feel out of place.

Another article.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...he-first-time/

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List