Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    @RJ I'm carrying the serrated Salt version today. Great little tools.
    I've carried the ZDP-189 version for years, getting rid of oretty much every other folder. The DF II seems to punch way above its weight.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I've carried the ZDP-189 version for years, getting rid of oretty much every other folder. The DF II seems to punch way above its weight.
    I'll usually carry a DF or a SAK to go along with my Clinch Pick. I like something that can just be dropped in a pocket, serve as a money clip, etc.

On the rare occasion I'm only wearing a folder I like something at least Delica size.

Name:  41D4E92B-0E3F-4944-BC96-58E8E57E16D6.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  63.3 KB

This was my first really good folder, bought after I started a thread on here years ago asking for recommendations.
    Over time, I added more good quality folders (mostly Spydies), but this old Grip will always e the first.

Like an idiot, I bought a pull through sharpener, it was a Benchmade pull through, and it kinda screwed the edge up. After I bought a Sharpmaker, I tried to rehab the edge, but the stones that came with the Sharpmaker were taking too long for my taste. Finally, I recently got a set of the diamond rods and ultra fine rods for the Sharpmaker. Today, I went to work on the Griptillian, determined to get the edge back where I wanted it. Happy to report that it was a success and a knife that has a special place in my collection now has a hair popping edge on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Name:  41D4E92B-0E3F-4944-BC96-58E8E57E16D6.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  63.3 KB

This was my first really good folder, bought after I started a thread on here years ago asking for recommendations.
    Over time, I added more good quality folders (mostly Spydies), but this old Grip will always e the first.

Like an idiot, I bought a pull through sharpener, it was a Benchmade pull through, and it kinda screwed the edge up. After I bought a Sharpmaker, I tried to rehab the edge, but the stones that came with the Sharpmaker were taking too long for my taste. Finally, I recently got a set of the diamond rods and ultra fine rods for the Sharpmaker. Today, I went to work on the Griptillian, determined to get the edge back where I wanted it. Happy to report that it was a success and a knife that has a special place in my collection now has a hair popping edge on it again.
    Love my Spydie hole Griptillian also!
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Love my Spydie hole Griptillian also!
    I knew so little about better quality knives when I bought it I didn’t really realize it was a benchmade with a Spydie Hole. I just knew it had a thumb hole and thought that was cool. When it comes to blades, I was kind of like the random idiot that managed to walk into a gun shop where the counter dudes really recommended G19s instead of some flavor of crap. I’ve learned a LOT since I bought that Griptillian! Like a good G19 though, if I’d never bought another knife after it, I’d have been in really good shape anyway.

I’ve been back and forth over this knife for months. The aluminum handle is textured making it actually useable and I love the anodized blue/grey look. It’s my first ZT and I’m very pleased with overall fit and finish. I was reminded why I don’t love frame locks though. My liner lock knives are much easier to close one handed. My hands are large enough that I have a tough time pushing the lock on this without my fingers pushing against it on the outside. Not a show stopper. This is only going to see carry as my official BBQ knife. Lol! Is that a thing? I figured I have a BBQ gun (in the pic) so it should have a friend.

They put it on sale for $220 and I couldn’t resist any longer.
    https://www.knifeart.com/0920blublk.html

Site Supporter
    I finally grabbed a PM2 I’d been looking at during a recent sale. I am really digging the G10 scales and for a pocket knife on the larger size it carries extremely well.

Name:  39692AE3-C626-40BF-8145-613B4D2C5398.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  72.5 KB

Finally sprung for a Snecx/Hoback Buster collaboration. All I can say is Wow.

After some training knife work with Girl#2, we worked on deployment of live Emerson blades from various positions. Whoops. These are sharp.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List