Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It my fucking house too [emoji3]. That’s why it’s full of sharp stuff and things that go bang.
    Then why aren't we following each other on IG? Seriously. It's my only "alternative lifestyle outlet". Since I keep my FB and Twitter free of "behavior question inducing materials". Don't want to wake up the woke, ya' know.

Spyderco Yojimbo 2 (S90V) and trainer w/5x5 Pickpocket waves, set up for support side carry.
    https://5x5combatsolutions.com/shop?...ickpocket-s35f

So, do you feel like the Yojimbo gives you anything that a P'Kal doesn't? I've often debated picking one up, but can't decide if it does anything a P'Kal doesn't do as well or better.

___

I'll be back to this thread later this week, when something arrives.

Also @newyork - dude what's the story on the wrapped vicious sticker there?

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Agreed. We both work in a culturally non permissive environment, so social media can’t include anything outside the liberal orthodoxy.

I like the PKal a lot, but there are a couple things that prevent me from carrying it more. The tip is very close to the end of the handle, and I’ve actually cut my hand a few times by resting it on the closed knife in my pocket. Deployment is great in the upper pocket position but for me, isn’t 100% in the regular position. The Y2 is a great knife. I’ve used the Y2 trainer a lot in the dojo. Now, with the 5x5 wave, it’s exactly what I want for edc in the left pocket.

For jeans, the PKal is still my go to.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Then why aren't we following each other on IG? Seriously. It's my only "alternative lifestyle outlet". Since I keep my FB and Twitter free of "behavior question inducing materials". Don't want to wake up the woke, ya' know.

So, do you feel like the Yojimbo gives you anything that a P'Kal doesn't? I've often debated picking one up, but can't decide if it does anything a P'Kal doesn't do as well or better.

___

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-29-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhitman View Post
    What holster is that and where did you get that sweet card holder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Motor51 View Post
    What holster is that and where did you get that sweet card holder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    https://www.customcarryconcepts.com/...on-2_p_47.html

My buddy Tyler makes custom leather holsters, wallets etc. he made it and gave it to me. If you have FB or IG look up Pierce custom creations.

Agreed. We both work in a culturally non permissive environment, so social media can’t include anything outside the liberal orthodoxy.

I like the PKal a lot, but there are a couple things that prevent me from carrying it more. The tip is very close to the end of the handle, and I’ve actually cut my hand a few times by resting it on the closed knife in my pocket. Deployment is great in the upper pocket position but for me, isn’t 100% in the regular position. The Y2 is a great knife. I’ve used the Y2 trainer a lot in the dojo. Now, with the 5x5 wave, it’s exactly what I want for edc in the left pocket.

For jeans, the PKal is still my go to.
    I’ve actually had the same issue with the P’kal too. I make sure the pivot is adjusted fairly tight. But I’ve thought of shortening the blade a tad.

-

This showed up today. A chisel ground Brock Combat Options in 154CM. Lovely blade, with a better back story. This is my knife.

By that I mean ~14-15 years ago, I ordered this knife from Ken Brock. It was just the second custom knife I ever ordered.

Five years ago, I sold this knife. I didn’t want to, but we had just moved, the wife was unemployed at the time, we had to eat. So I sold this knife. I missed it from time to time, but I knew I had done the right thing.

Fast forward five years, we’ve had some good financial and professional success lately. I’m cruising TPI’s for sale forum and spot a chisel ground Brock Combat Options. “Wait...is that MY knife?” I thought. - Yes it was. I bought it back. It arrived today. Polished the edge up on the strop. Fitted a DCC clip to the sheath. Back in business.

Five years since I saw this old friend, but I’m glad it’s back now.

Name:  ABED27FB-17D9-472D-8DBE-25BE8B56E59C.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  56.3 KB

Cool story!

This showed up today. A chisel ground Brock Combat Options in 154CM. Lovely blade, with a better back story. This is my knife.

By that I mean ~14-15 years ago, I ordered this knife from Ken Brock. It was just the second custom knife I ever ordered.

Five years ago, I sold this knife. I didn’t want to, but we had just moved, the wife was unemployed at the time, we had to eat. So I sold this knife. I missed it from time to time, but I knew I had done the right thing.

Fast forward five years, we’ve had some good financial and professional success lately. I’m cruising TPI’s for sale forum and spot a chisel ground Brock Combat Options. “Wait...is that MY knife?” I thought. - Yes it was. I bought it back. It arrived today. Polished the edge up on the strop. Fitted a DCC clip to the sheath. Back in business.

Five years since I saw this old friend, but I’m glad it’s back now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

___

That’s an Empire Outfitters Naga. Little wicked sharp 3 finger knife. Came with Bladerigs kydex with a DCC clip.
    Last edited by newyork; 07-30-2019 at 05:09 AM.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Abraham & Moses Geissele: "GSOCK"

Recently acquired GSOCK by Abraham and Moses Geissele. Love me some Count Blemula!

This thread gets pretty good traffic and I didn't want to jam it up with a question about custom leather sheaths. So, if you have any leather worker recommendations and/or warnings please drop your comments in a separate thread found here. Thanks.

Name:  Count Blem Full Shade.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  47.4 KB Name:  Cloudy Goodman Full.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  61.4 KB

Name:  Count Close Up.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  Goodman Close Up.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  101.1 KB
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Tracker Dan bottle shark in SM100.

Daniel Winkler, ABS Master Smith:

Name:  Winkler4.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  33.2 KB

Rugged "Tommi":

Name:  Tommi.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  43.5 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List