Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

D2 is one of the reasons this knife is calling me. I keep saying "no", but...

Name:  Boker-Mini-Kwaiken-Black-G-10-SW-01BO268-BHQ-90309-jr.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  27.4 KB
    Boker Mini Kwaiken Flipper (D2)
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I hear ya, CF. I've got a number of knives, (many custom), in D2 and CPM D2. Good stuff. Cru-Wear is an upgrade...

CRU-WEAR® is an air hardening tool steel possessing an excellent combination of high wear resistance and toughness. This grade is readily machined in the annealed condition (using parameters similar to D2) and exhibits minimal distortion in hardening. The normal heat treatment is compatible to a wide variety of surface coatings such as nitriding, tin coating, etc.
    CRU-WEAR excels in applications that require higher wear resistance than D2, greater toughness than M2 high speed steel, or in applications that require both.
    The combination of wear resistance, compressive strength, and exceptional toughness make CRU-WEAR a great choice for a wide variety of demanding tooling applications.
    From: https://www.crucible.com/eselector/p.../cruweart.html
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    D2 is one of the reasons this knife is calling me. I keep saying "no", but...

Name:  Boker-Mini-Kwaiken-Black-G-10-SW-01BO268-BHQ-90309-jr.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  27.4 KB
    Boker Mini Kwaiken Flipper (D2)
    Dammit. Ordered. I have zero self control.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Name:  4FA515EC-B36B-4B6F-A452-9CC5264E7310.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  82.7 KB

Probably my favorite hunting knife ever. Tim Wegner designed Pro Hunter by BladeTech. The blade and handle shape just work. The open top makes cleaning much easier than with many folding hunters. I started using this knife back when they were licensed to and made by Spyderco. I picked up this one as soon as Tim started producing them at BT and gifted my Spyderco version to a buddy. I think the BT production was superior due to the open design. I do like the Spyderco hole shape better.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post

Probably my favorite hunting knife ever. Tim Wegner designed Pro Hunter by BladeTech. The blade and handle shape just work. The open top makes cleaning much easier than with many folding hunters. I started using this knife back when they were licensed to and made by Spyderco. I picked up this one as soon as Tim started producing them at BT and gifted my Spyderco version to a buddy. I think the BT production was superior due to the open design. I do like the Spyderco hole shape better.
    My buddy, Jerry Halfrich, a knife maker of some acclaim as well as a hunting guide and custom rifle barrel maker, has said for years that the Wegner was his favorite pocketknife for hunting. When he mentioned he had lost his, I sent him my Spyderco Wegner Jr. which I had bought years ago and still had new in the box. He was just thrilled to have it. (I knew I had it for a good reason. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

@newyork, what is that knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    @newyork, what is that knife?
    ZU Bladeworks FFSK Ultralight. Got it from my bud Craig at Empire Outfitters this week.
    Last edited by newyork; 11-23-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    ZU Bladeworks FFSK Ultralight. Got it from my bud Craig at Empire Outfitters this week.
    Very nice. Had never seen previously. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post

I’ve had the spydie version for decades. It is easily my favorite knife.

User Tag List