Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Benchade assisting in the kitchen with some apple peeling and cutting.
    Name:  C4A36475-61AA-4D8F-B0D5-5459AAB936EB.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  E8A3955A-3869-42ED-8B63-F61A1513F2EE.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  35.3 KB
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Carrying one of my two this evening...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  5DF8F688-C5E9-4756-AF12-A631F84F20D1.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  36.8 KB

These two are handling most of my everyday knife needs now. I’m really liking the G10 Mini Grip.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Carrying one of my two this evening...

That's a beauty. I love the M4 steel. I've been looking for one in black. If you ever want to part with one I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    That's a beauty. I love the M4 steel. I've been looking for one in black. If you ever want to part with one I'm your huckleberry.
    That photo was supplied by the guy that I purchased it from on another forum. It's the only Spyderco I've bought a backup for. Something about the aggression of the M4 edge that sets my heart to racing. (It isn't Maxamet, but it's a more versatile all round steel.)

If you haven't tried CPM Cru-Wear, I highly recommend giving it consideration. I have a PM2 and Para 3 in that steel as well. I have a thing for high end steel...even though edge geometry is king under most circumstances.

ETA:

If you're a member of bladeforums.com, (where I've been a shit mod for near 20 years), you can keep an eye on the following sub-forum as they come up at reasonable intervals:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/f...ndividual.892/

Or, you can post what you're looking for here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/w...uy-knives.683/
    Last edited by blues; 11-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.

That photo was supplied by the guy that I purchased it from on another forum. It's the only Spyderco I've bought a backup for. Something about the aggression of the M4 edge that sets my heart to racing. (It isn't Maxamet, but it's a more versatile all round steel.)

If you haven't tried CPM Cru-Wear, I highly recommend giving it consideration. I have a PM2 and Para 3 in that steel as well. I have a thing for high end steel...even though edge geometry is king under most circumstances.

ETA:

If you're a member of bladeforums.com, (where I've been a shit mod for near 20 years), you can keep an eye on the following sub-forum as they come up at reasonable intervals:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/f...ndividual.892/

Or, you can post what you're looking for here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/w...uy-knives.683/
    The PM2 CPM Cru-Wear is my unicorn! I am not a member of bladeforums.com but I will be shortly. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    The PM2 CPM Cru-Wear is my unicorn! I am not a member of bladeforums.com but I will be shortly. Thanks!
    My pleasure. I think you'll find what you're looking for in relatively short order. Just watch out for gougers, there's always some in every crowd.

(The PM2 in Cru-Wear has been coming up pretty regularly of late, especially the version from KnifeCenter with the smooth G10 scales.)

(You can also perform a search in the sub-forum so that you can see if there was one posted recently that hasn't sold yet.)

Good steel is my weakness too. I haven't tried the Cru-Wear, but my current EDC is in Elmax. All I've done to refresh the edge is a few strokes on a leather strop with green polish.

Even 154CM is pretty good in comparison to a lot of other steels. When she returned from a camping trip, my daughter told me how she cut open a can with her Emerson mini-Roadhouse. I was surprised to see that the blade wasn't visibly damaged. Of course, the edge design makes a big difference too.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good steel is my weakness too. I haven't tried the Cru-Wear, but my current EDC is in Elmax. All I've done to refresh the edge is a few strokes on a leather strop with green polish.

Even 154CM is pretty good in comparison to a lot of other steels. When she returned from a camping trip, my daughter told me how she cut open a can with her Emerson mini-Roadhouse. I was surprised to see that the blade wasn't visibly damaged. Of course, the edge design makes a big difference too.
    CPM-Cru-Wear is known for its toughness so it will (with the right heat treat) resist edge damage better than many or most other blade steels, particularly of the stainless variety. It also takes a very nice fine or coarse edge and is sort of a semi-stainless a la D2.

A very well balanced steel which is why it comes highly recommended.

User Tag List