Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    That photograph is pure poetry. Words fail me. Simply amazing.

(And damnit, now I want a Seiko dive watch. )
    Thank you for the kind words, Tony. I'm an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to such things, but thoroughly enjoy it.

The Seiko is new for me. It replaced a Suunto Vector I've had for eight years that I thought had finally given up the ghost (I actually ended up fixing it, bad connection). It's my first automatic, and I dig it. The Seiko SKX is affordable (cheaper than my Vector), but watches can be a very expensive hobby, so I'm trying hard not to dig it too much.

I bought mine from Creation Watches out of the Philippines, since I wanted the non-importated Made in Japan model (SKX007J). Very smooth transaction, and quick DHL shipping (free).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Thank you for the kind words, Tony. I'm an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to such things, but thoroughly enjoy it.

The Seiko is new for me. It replaced a Suunto Vector I've had for eight years that I thought had finally given up the ghost (I actually ended up fixing it, bad connection). It's my first automatic, and I dig it. The Seiko SKX is affordable (cheaper than my Vector), but watches can be a very expensive hobby, so I'm trying hard not to dig it too much.

I bought mine from Creation Watches out of the Philippines, since I wanted the non-importated Made in Japan model (SKX007J). Very smooth transaction, and quick DHL shipping (free).
    Link for the Seiko ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Link for the Seiko ?
    Looks sold out, for now. From what I read, they're a reputable dealer that many on watchuseek forums have used. I would buy from them again.

http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...watch-837.html

SKX007J - Made in Japan
    SKY007K - Made in Malaysia

Not sure it really matters, but I figured what the heck.

Here is a popular US based retailer, who did order and import them, but at a hefty premium. They also have a nice video about the very minor differences.

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seik..._p/skx007j.htm

ETA: Pic for pic thread...
    Last edited by StraitR; 12-09-2017 at 05:12 PM.

You are killing me!!! lol
    Out of all the pistols I've sold, the TRS is the one that I miss the most. I can't put my finger on it but the TRS was near perfection for me and my hands.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 12-09-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Looks sold out, for now. From what I read, they're a reputable dealer that many on watchuseek forums have used. I would buy from them again.

http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...watch-837.html

SKX007J - Made in Japan
    SKY007K - Made in Malaysia

Not sure it really matters, but I figured what the heck.

Here is a popular US based retailer, who did order and import them, but at a hefty premium. They also have a nice video about the very minor differences.

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seik..._p/skx007j.htm

Thanks. Looks like the U.S. retailer is only $35 more and has them in stock.

Do you know the width of the strap ?
    Last edited by HCM; 12-09-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks. Looks like the U.S. retailer is only $35 more and has them in stock.

Do you know the width of the strap ?

You're welcome. Strap is 22mm.

Today, as most days. I just love this knife — I never feel bad about beating it hard and the wave is the one true way for me. Just got back from the SSR of Norway and couldn’t put it back on fast enough.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Today, as most days. I just love this knife — I never feel bad about beating it hard and the wave is the one true way for me. Just got back from the SSR of Norway and couldn’t put it back on fast enough.
    Totally agree. Had one, gave it to a good friends nephew who had just been hired on by the local PD. My wife carries the Delica version.

Changing of the guard: Before and after mass.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List