Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    A humble request, if I may. If you post a picture of a knife or knives, please provide make and model(s).
    An excellent request.

My apologies. I wrongfully assume people recognize knives like they do firearms.

My last two in post #485 are a Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 (all black) and a Strider SnG.
    Last edited by StraitR; 10-13-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I miss my chucks. I gave 'em to my nephew when he made black belt.
    That Spyderco PM2 is excellent. The PM3 is even better IMO, or the Native5 if you want something more price friendly. Over the last year I've become much more of a fan of folders with 3-3.25" blades over the 4"+ ones.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Spyderco Chaparral delivered just yesterday. The size and weight are perfect for my suburban environs. Budget friendly too.

Big con on the web is the stiffness of the lock. It's tight but not unmanageable. Closing one handed can be done by using the thumb to depress the lock release and barely moving the blade by slight pressure with the forefinger on the spine jimping. Once the lock is disengaged I change to a safe grip and close with the thumb hole.

I'm a newbie so was easily impressed by its out of the box receipt cutting edge.

Attachment 31258
    Spyderco is famous for their out-of-the-box sharpness. I love my Spydercos, but I'm always nicking that thin slicer blade, which is just the trade off to having such a good slicer. The Chaparral is a great EDC and Gentleman's knife - good choice.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    That Spyderco PM2 is excellent. The PM3 is even better IMO, or the Native5 if you want something more price friendly. Over the last year I've become much more of a fan of folders with 3-3.25" blades over the 4"+ ones.

I have a couple of Para 3's. One in Maxamet, one in REX 45. They fit my hand well and offer just a bit less blade than the PM2.

That said, I prefer the PM2 overall though I can easily get by with either.

Only have one Manix 2 in 52100, but it's also a solid choice. (Though I still prefer the PM2 over it as well as a platform.)

Looking forward to trying out the Shaman if and when they offer one in CPM Cru-Wear. (I'm a bit of a steel junkie. We all have our crosses to bear.)

I can't remember the last time I carried a folder with a 4" (or over) blade. I just don't really have a pressing need for one. (Though I'm sure I still have a few, or have had.)
    Last edited by blues; 10-13-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Because I had a black one and I kept putting it down and losing it.
    Which I found after two months.

(Buck Bantams)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

I like the PM2 a lot. But I like the Yojimbo even more.

I’ve been carrying my ZT0620 Emerson in Elmax the most. It’s got a 3.6” blade, and is about as big as I will go.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-13-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the PM2 a lot. But I like the Yojimbo even more.

I’ve been carrying my ZT0620 Emerson in Elmax the most. It’s got a 3.6” blade, and is about as big as I will go.

The Yojimbo2 is a great SD knife. I switch between that, Spyderco Pikal, and Delica for running short use. I've got a ZT0620CF in the elusive M390. I just sold it's cousin, the 0630, and discovered ZT doesn't make either one anymore. That was a bit surprising to me because those were solid folders.

Picked up a Kershaw/Emerson CQC-7K last week. I'm really liking it. For a cheap knife it seems very well made and is probably the sharpest knife I have ever received. I need to grab one of the trainers too.

Name:  DSC_2250.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  83.7 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Billy Helton EDC

User Tag List