Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Name:  closed BM42.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  54.8 KB
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

I've got a Benchmade #44 (Tanto balisong) in a knife bag in the closet. Haven't practiced with it in quite a while.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've got a Benchmade #44 (Tanto balisong) in a knife bag in the closet. Haven't practiced with it in quite a while.
    Nice. Not really into them anymore, but as a kid I thought they were the best thing ever. That pic is of my only one - a #42 springer (weehawk blade).
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Name:  closed BM42.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  54.8 KB
    That's one way to get butterflies in your stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Using the wave to get the knife open very often or just flicking it open very often can loosen it up a bit. It has a standard slotted screw that you can just tighten to your desired tension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yup. Just tighten it until the blade doesn’t move freely, then loosen slightly. A bit of oil helps.
    Thanks gents. I tightened it down as tight as it would go and still had the play so took it apart to see what's what. I won't have all the proper terms here but turns out the pivot pin has a flat spot. What I was feeling was the blade catching on the flat spot when slightly wiggled back and forth around the axis of the pin.

Reassembly was successful on the 3rd attempt. LOL. It was a fun little exercise.

Thank you both for the response and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have a less expensive one from my youth that I spent countless hours flipping in all kinds of ways. Still fairly good at it. I love flippy swingy things like that - anything from balisongs to nunchaku/mini-chucks (made from aluminum kubotan sticks) to bo staves to whatever.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 10-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I have a less expensive one from my youth that I spent countless hours flipping in all kinds of ways. Still fairly good at it. I love flippy swingy things like that - anything from balisongs to nunchaku/mini-chucks (made from aluminum kubotan sticks) to bo staves to whatever.
    I miss my chucks. I gave 'em to my nephew when he made black belt.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

As much as I've enjoyed a wide variety of pocket knives over the years, two have emerged as hands-down favorites and still get the vast majority of my pocket time. Both are classic designs with large followings, for good reason, IMO. They're different in so many ways while simultaneously similar in a lot of ways.

Last edited by StraitR; 10-12-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Spyderco Chaparral delivered just yesterday. The size and weight are perfect for my suburban environs. Budget friendly too.

Big con on the web is the stiffness of the lock. It's tight but not unmanageable. Closing one handed can be done by using the thumb to depress the lock release and barely moving the blade by slight pressure with the forefinger on the spine jimping. Once the lock is disengaged I change to a safe grip and close with the thumb hole.

I'm a newbie so was easily impressed by its out of the box receipt cutting edge.

Name:  Chap.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  57.1 KB
    Last edited by Francis; 10-13-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: add make

A humble request, if I may. If you post a picture of a knife or knives, please provide make and model(s).

User Tag List