Page 45 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I've been meaning to write a full post on this for about a month but family health problems (requiring long flights) have made it so I don't even know when I could take the time to write fully what I want to convey; and I'm like you, I don't have any interest in carrying a knife that doesn't have any everyday utility.

Short version: the CP (especially the Ban Tang CP because it's much sharper than the China Pick), is a very practical small utility knife.

Think of it like a small, and small handled, reverse hawkbill knife. Any light utility work that you would do with such a blade, a CP can do. Mind you, I'm basically an urban/suburban dweller, so the CP doesn't get any heavy use that one might need in a more rural environment. But home work such as packages, stripping rubber from electrical wires, removing loose threads from clothing and a little mending, cutting small foods (slicing tomatoes is not easy), filleting a sole (once) and other sundry minor house work, even whittling a piece of wood (or sharpening a pencil) can be comfortably done with a CP (at least for me). In the car, because of its centerline carry, it's so much easier to access to work on cutting a seatbelt off in an emergency, or just cutting the plastic wrapper off snacks, than any folder while seated. Basically, except for slicing some foods, the CP does just about all the work that my old Spyderco Delica did. I'm carrying a Ban Tang CP, I don't carry my Delica anymore.

I hope that helps.

This. Most guys realize just how "handy" the CP is after they realize they can use it for things besides taint stabbing.

WB can you post another pic of that wrap? I haven't seen Ban do that before.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Any more comments on this? It does irk me to spend so much on a special purpose knife.
    It cuts stuff. It's not a CP, but my pikal knife has cut more fishing line than anything else.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It cuts stuff. It's not a CP, but my pikal knife has cut more fishing line than anything else.
    It's not like I don't usually have a 'working' knife or 2 (or 3 if you count defensive) on me, but if I'm going to spring for a CP (palatable) or Ban Tang (pricey) then I need some reassurance. I have never been an expensive / high end knife guy.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

My Ban Tang CP is pretty much the only fixed blade I carry regularly. The resin-wrap handle is flat and doesn't snag on stuff. And the build quality is excellent

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-03-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My Ban Tang CP is pretty much the only fixed blade I carry regularly. The resin-wrap handle is flat and doesn't snag on stuff. And the build quality is excellent

I don't see the resin-wrap handle for sale. Link?

This neck knife, (S90V), received as a gift from Darrel Ralph years ago is my go-to EDC fixed blade around home and environs when I'm not carrying something else. (And sometimes even when I am.)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    When I took EWO with Ban, I asked him to make that one for me.

Contact him directly. It will take a while, but you’ll get what you want.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    This. Most guys realize just how "handy" the CP is after they realize they can use it for things besides taint stabbing.

WB can you post another pic of that wrap? I haven't seen Ban do that before.
    Certainly.

It might be a few hours before I get the chance.

Is there a particular angle that you'd like to see? or is it the color? Mind you they'll only be iPhone photos.

Also, Ban has started wrapping them a bit thicker (not sure how) than before. They feel handier without losing much the thinness in the ways that are important.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    As far as I know they're not, at least right now.

You could email him and ask if he has any for sale right now or in the future.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    It's not like I don't usually have a 'working' knife or 2 (or 3 if you count defensive) on me, but if I'm going to spring for a CP (palatable) or Ban Tang (pricey) then I need some reassurance. I have never been an expensive / high end knife guy.
    What sort of reassurance would you need?

User Tag List