Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

1980s Tekna dive knife

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    1980s Tekna dive knife

Man, I had a buddy as a kid who had one of those. I tried to trade him everything, including the kitchen sink once, for it, but he never budged.

Last time I talked to a mutual friend of ours (about 6 or 7 years), that friend informed me that he was carrying that knife on him, when he got into a fight and was arrested for ag assault with a deadly and a felony weapons possession (daggers weren't legal in Texas to carry back then), seems he'd been in for a couple of years at that point and had another seven or eight to go. Damn thing is sitting in an evidence box somewhere...when it could be nice and safe in my safe right now.

And maybe that dip shit wouldn't have made stupid decisions. No...on second thought, he was an idiot when we were kids and I'm sure he's still an idiot now.

Man, I haven’t thought about those Teknas in a looooong time... like 30+ years. I had a major hard on for them when I was in scouting. Plus, I read all those Nick Carter "killmaster" novels, and he had some sort of skeletonized dagger strapped to his wrist that he was always giving evil doers the business with. What a blast from the past.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Man, I had a buddy as a kid who had one of those. I tried to trade him everything, including the kitchen sink once, for it, but he never budged.
    I carried that Tekna all over western China and Tibet in 1987-1990. A lot of the areas I spent time in were very primitive, and no westerners had been there since Przewalski’s expeditions in the late 1800s. If you were male, you needed a visible fixed blade knife. No knife meant you had no status. I can’t count how many times people tried to trade for my Tekna.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-01-2018 at 10:28 PM.

You can still get them apparently -

Steel: http://www.tek-tite.com/proddetail.p...ion_DIVE_KNIFE

Titanium: http://www.tek-tite.com/proddetail.p...ion_DIVE_KNIFE

Stainless Damascus - (where the drooling emoji?): http://www.tek-tite.com/proddetail.p...ion_DIVE_KNIFE

I carried that Tekna all over western China and Tibet in 1987-1990. A lot of the areas I spent time in were very primitive, and no westerners had been there since Przewalski’s expeditions in the late 1800s. If you were male, you needed a visible fixed blade knife. No knife meant you had no status. I can’t count how many times people tried to trade for my Tekna.
    Awesome.

1980s Tekna dive knife

Still have at least one Tekna from the 1980s. At one time had the black one as well, a security card, and a fixed blade with a spring retractable blade cover.
    Last edited by 1slow; 09-01-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Well that is cool. $119 shipped, and you can get a spare sheath for $5.95. One time my Tekna sheath broke when I was diving on the Yucatán but I was able to recover the knife and glue the sheath with epoxy.
    http://www.tek-tite.com/proddetail.p...DGE_DIVE_KNIFE

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Man I had forgotten I had one of those Teknas as a kid. Thanks for the memory!

Name:  fullsizeoutput_4ab8.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  44.8 KB

Pic thread

Just picked this up

Caswell CK-3
    Name:  E57DFE05-57C3-433F-A20E-B34B3E04CE07.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  80.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List