Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Site Supporter
    To my way of thinking, the metal makes the video. But I'm down with Cookie Monster's perspective.

On topic, there is a Facebook page called Bladesmithing for Beginners (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1116...bCA&__tn__=C-R) that features some amazing looking blades, along with a lot of static and repetitive questions. It's a closed group with a pretty diverse membership, including some incredibly skilled smiths.

When I see men or women scything, splitting firewood, hand sawing, etc. It reminds me that I not only miss working with my hands, but I miss the serene calm and quiet of nature. To me, the best part of the videos is the sound, actually. That quiet. Where the wind blowing and the sound of the axe are the loudest noises.

I'm not much of a "nature" guy in the way most folks are. I don't care that much for camping or hiking. But a cabin someplace, chores to do to keep things moving and comfortable, books to read? That's paradise.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 08-30-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When I see men or women scything, splitting firewood, hand sawing, etc. It reminds me that I not only miss working with my hands, but I miss the serene calm and quiet of nature. To me, the best part of the videos is the sound, actually. That quiet. Where the wind blowing and the sound of the axe are the loudest noises.

I'm not much of a "nature" guy in the way most folks are. I don't care that much for camping or hiking. But a cabin someplace, chores to do to keep things moving and comfortable, books to read? That's paradise.
    You could do plenty of that on my small acre plus. (Not that I'm suggesting you drop everything and run on out...)

I've got scythes, axes, saws, you name it. Oh, and plenty of books. And who knows, you might enjoy a hike or two.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Watson HITS and some sushi.

Not a folder...but it IS sharp.

I just snagged one of Joe's titanium Karambits. I'll put up pictures this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Not a folder...but it IS sharp.
    Man... I would love one of those, or a Strider DB/DUB

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Man... I would love one of those, or a Strider DB/DUB
    I have have a Watson Hits and a Strider DB. They are both very nice, but fill different roles.

I'll post more later, or Darryl can tell us. He was the one that had the design input into both knives.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have have a Watson Hits and a Strider DB. They are both very nice, but fill different roles.

I'll post more later, or Darryl can tell us. He was the one that had the design input into both knives.
    I'm aware of the "sharpened pry-bar" vs. "EDC knife" difference of the DB vs. HiTS.

Doesn't stop me from wanting them.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 08-31-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Almost exactly the same size...

...but veeeeeery different uses.

Name:  20180831_095328[1].jpg
Views: 443
Size:  52.0 KB
    Last edited by Guerrero; 08-31-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List