Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Ethan (Becker) designs good knives. I'm happy to call him a friend. Family has branched out from "The Joys of Cooking" fame.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...don't we already have a pocket knife pic thread....and a fixed blade pic thread....and an edc thread......?
    I considered all of that before starting this thread, and this is what I came up with...

- Pocket knives thread is in Edged Weapons, and started for the discussion of folding knives. (not a pic thread in Gallery)
    - Fixed blade picture thread excludes anything other than fixed blades.
    - There is more to EDC items than folding knives (like hand grenades?), and not all folders are purchased for, or used for, EDC.
    - There is no place to share photos of axes. (I can't be the only one who likes them)

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I feel like I should check my man card. After a few year of trying and carrying all sorts of cool knives: fixed blade defensive tools and otherwise, first I dropped the fixed blades for a Delica, then I just gave up on the Delica and went to an old standby Supertinker. Zero defensive uses, but incredibly useful and have pretty much had one in my pocket 30 years.

Nah, you're just man enough to be honest about what you'll actually use.
    I think I said it in another thread: 99% of us, regardless of profession, would more than have our need met by a SAK, Casio G-Shock, and a Honda Accord. But where's the fun in that? [emoji41]
    (And yes I have a Victorinox Pioneer in one pocket, and a Spyderco Techno clipped to the other, because cool stuff)

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

@Enel The knives I've used most in my life, and still do to this day, are some kind of SAK. I have a SAK Camper that I bought 26 years ago, still use it. These days, I carry a SAK Alox Cadet daily, and it's generally what I pull out for cutting chores. Everything else I purchase and carry, I do because I get enjoyment from them, not because they do anything the SAK will not (for my uses).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    BK9, made by Ka-Bar. My favorite woods tool. Not my only one though. Here is every Ka-Bar product I currently own, minus a BK20.

T.M. Hunt Hornet. Tiny but very useful.

T.M. Hunt Magua

A 710 Topper. This one I only got to test out but it's a great knife. Available from 710 custom sheaths.

EDC action

I have a LOT more but I don't want to take up a whole page.
    I try not to go into the woods without my Machax. What do you think of that Parangatang?

Spyderco P’kal

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I try not to go into the woods without my Machax. What do you think of that Parangatang?
    I spent 20 hours alone in the woods with this as my only tool. Works great but I like the BK9 more.

The Parangatang is great. Not overly heavy but that thing bights deep. They're not expensive either. I think I need a second.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    - There is no place to share photos of axes. (I can't be the only one who likes them)
    I like axes. I don't have any cool ones though. I do have tomahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I do have tomahawks.
    I like tomahawks too. I should have mentioned that as well.

Those are nice looking 'hawks! I have a Laguna Tactical, the nylon handled model. It's fun to mess with. I prefer the more traditional looking, like yours, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I like tomahawks too. I should have mentioned that as well.

Those are nice looking 'hawks! I have a Laguna Tactical, the nylon handled model. It's fun to mess with. I prefer the more traditional looking, like yours, though.
    I also have a Condor hawk that I haven't had time to play with and I'd like to try a CRKT, I forget the model name but the one without any poll on the back of the head. The H&B Forge was a slight disappointment as it required some work and fitting like the mass produced one, but much less so than like the Cold Steel. The CS hawks should be considered kits that need a lot of fitting.

User Tag List