Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I want a Police model so bad, but I’m not LE and am afraid buying one will make me look like a poser/wannabe. I like the way yours has a well used well loved look to it.
    Just get one! It’s not like the name of it means that much in the broad scheme of things.

I want a Police model so bad, but I’m not LE and am afraid buying one will make me look like a poser/wannabe. I like the way yours has a well used well loved look to it.
    I hope you don’t feel that way about ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I hope you don’t feel that way about ammo.
    Nope, not at all. Really, my thing with the Police model is it has “POLICE” emblazoned on the blade in pretty big letters. Totally legit if you’re a cop, just not sure if my non-sworn self looks like a knife afi or a poser holding something like that.

The Military model has no such lettering and I happily own/carry/use one of those.

Found an Amazon gift card I forgot about. Had a sudden urge to buy something that goes choppychoppy, slashyslashy, stabbystabby.

Name:  6E186E1F-3B2D-4494-A6D6-EDE1A0A6561A.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  83.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Nicey nicey!

My Spyderco Native has been riding with me for about four years and has proven to be perfect for my EDC needs.

Site Supporter
    The lightweight Police doesn't have the name on the blade, in case you didn't know.
    --Jason--

Microtech Ultratech Hellhound. I might have to send it in to get the top swedge sharpened.

Name:  94F20F77-02B3-40C0-B54B-DF78B67F9CA9.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  25.9 KBName:  F87127A0-77AC-423C-B36B-D42713F13A65.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  27.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    /P-F thread drift
    Another CPK fan? My Dad gave me a 6in Utility Fighter a couple years back (hell of a gift!) and that spent the better part of my 2019-2020 deployment either on my belt, inside my waistband, or on my IOTV. Made short work of a LOT of tough jobs and it still looks basically unused. Simply a fantastic blade.
    /end P-F thread drift
    You might like these then, @JRB, forgive the poor lighting on the first...

Name:  CPK Family 4.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  97.6 KB

A little better lighting for three of those four...

Name:  carothers group image.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  99.4 KB

This one arrived yesterday...

Name:  HDFK Carothers Ironwood.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  67.6 KB

Your dad is a wise and generous man.

BTW, @JRB , I shared your quote with Nate and Jo Carothers just now. I'm sure that'll make their day.
    Last edited by blues; 10-01-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You might like these then, @JRB, forgive the poor lighting on the first...

A little better lighting for three of those four...

This one arrived yesterday...

Your dad is a wise and generous man.

BTW, @JRB , I shared your quote with Nate and Jo Carothers just now. I'm sure that'll make their day.
    Pardon me while I drool all over the keyboard... that's a hell of CPK collection!

My Dad is indeed wise, and very generous. He's a collector as well, and is is very much into HI Kukris and CPK knives among other things. He has a similar assortment of CPK's. Though he prefers the lighter-color blade finishes and the wood.
    While he excitedly shares & shows off his latest acquisitions every time I go visit, I'm embarrassed to say I have a hard time keeping up with all the different models. He does have a CPK boot dagger that I deeply covet (I'm told every CPK enthusiast covets those, and I'm not surprised) as well as another rare model called the Shiv. I suspect you're an Smod on a forum he frequents

He gave me two CPK's before that 2019 deployment; the Utility Fighter that became a constant companion, and a Heavy Duty Field Knife. The UF fit in another old sheath I had which made it much easier to carry than the Kydex it came in. So the Utility Fighter was perfect for almost-daily carry and could still hide under my OCP uniform.

I'll have to snap some pictures of both when I get a chance!

User Tag List