Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Name:  41D4E92B-0E3F-4944-BC96-58E8E57E16D6.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  63.3 KB

This was my first really good folder, bought after I started a thread on here years ago asking for recommendations.
    Over time, I added more good quality folders (mostly Spydies), but this old Grip will always e the first.

Like an idiot, I bought a pull through sharpener, it was a Benchmade pull through, and it kinda screwed the edge up. After I bought a Sharpmaker, I tried to rehab the edge, but the stones that came with the Sharpmaker were taking too long for my taste. Finally, I recently got a set of the diamond rods and ultra fine rods for the Sharpmaker. Today, I went to work on the Griptillian, determined to get the edge back where I wanted it. Happy to report that it was a success and a knife that has a special place in my collection now has a hair popping edge on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Name:  41D4E92B-0E3F-4944-BC96-58E8E57E16D6.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  63.3 KB

This was my first really good folder, bought after I started a thread on here years ago asking for recommendations.
    Over time, I added more good quality folders (mostly Spydies), but this old Grip will always e the first.

Like an idiot, I bought a pull through sharpener, it was a Benchmade pull through, and it kinda screwed the edge up. After I bought a Sharpmaker, I tried to rehab the edge, but the stones that came with the Sharpmaker were taking too long for my taste. Finally, I recently got a set of the diamond rods and ultra fine rods for the Sharpmaker. Today, I went to work on the Griptillian, determined to get the edge back where I wanted it. Happy to report that it was a success and a knife that has a special place in my collection now has a hair popping edge on it again.
    Love my Spydie hole Griptillian also!
    He will hold me fast
    He will hold me fast
    For my Savior loves me so
    He will hold me fast

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Love my Spydie hole Griptillian also!
    I knew so little about better quality knives when I bought it I didnít really realize it was a benchmade with a Spydie Hole. I just knew it had a thumb hole and thought that was cool. When it comes to blades, I was kind of like the random idiot that managed to walk into a gun shop where the counter dudes really recommended G19s instead of some flavor of crap. Iíve learned a LOT since I bought that Griptillian! Like a good G19 though, if Iíd never bought another knife after it, Iíd have been in really good shape anyway.

Iíve been back and forth over this knife for months. The aluminum handle is textured making it actually useable and I love the anodized blue/grey look. Itís my first ZT and Iím very pleased with overall fit and finish. I was reminded why I donít love frame locks though. My liner lock knives are much easier to close one handed. My hands are large enough that I have a tough time pushing the lock on this without my fingers pushing against it on the outside. Not a show stopper. This is only going to see carry as my official BBQ knife. Lol! Is that a thing? I figured I have a BBQ gun (in the pic) so it should have a friend.

They put it on sale for $220 and I couldnít resist any longer.
    https://www.knifeart.com/0920blublk.html

Site Supporter
    I finally grabbed a PM2 Iíd been looking at during a recent sale. I am really digging the G10 scales and for a pocket knife on the larger size it carries extremely well.

Name:  39692AE3-C626-40BF-8145-613B4D2C5398.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  72.5 KB

Finally sprung for a Snecx/Hoback Buster collaboration. All I can say is Wow.

After some training knife work with Girl#2, we worked on deployment of live Emerson blades from various positions. Whoops. These are sharp.

"BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You donít really graduate from certain problems or certain thingsÖ like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Girl #2ís dirty, sandy Emerson mini-Roadhouse. It needed a full strip, clean, and lube.

"BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You donít really graduate from certain problems or certain thingsÖ like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List