Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Name:  41D4E92B-0E3F-4944-BC96-58E8E57E16D6.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  63.3 KB

This was my first really good folder, bought after I started a thread on here years ago asking for recommendations.
    Over time, I added more good quality folders (mostly Spydies), but this old Grip will always e the first.

Like an idiot, I bought a pull through sharpener, it was a Benchmade pull through, and it kinda screwed the edge up. After I bought a Sharpmaker, I tried to rehab the edge, but the stones that came with the Sharpmaker were taking too long for my taste. Finally, I recently got a set of the diamond rods and ultra fine rods for the Sharpmaker. Today, I went to work on the Griptillian, determined to get the edge back where I wanted it. Happy to report that it was a success and a knife that has a special place in my collection now has a hair popping edge on it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Name:  41D4E92B-0E3F-4944-BC96-58E8E57E16D6.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  63.3 KB

This was my first really good folder, bought after I started a thread on here years ago asking for recommendations.
    Over time, I added more good quality folders (mostly Spydies), but this old Grip will always e the first.

Like an idiot, I bought a pull through sharpener, it was a Benchmade pull through, and it kinda screwed the edge up. After I bought a Sharpmaker, I tried to rehab the edge, but the stones that came with the Sharpmaker were taking too long for my taste. Finally, I recently got a set of the diamond rods and ultra fine rods for the Sharpmaker. Today, I went to work on the Griptillian, determined to get the edge back where I wanted it. Happy to report that it was a success and a knife that has a special place in my collection now has a hair popping edge on it again.
    Love my Spydie hole Griptillian also!
    "Don't get me started on how coddled the modern anus is." -Dwight K. Shrute

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Love my Spydie hole Griptillian also!
    I knew so little about better quality knives when I bought it I didnít really realize it was a benchmade with a Spydie Hole. I just knew it had a thumb hole and thought that was cool. When it comes to blades, I was kind of like the random idiot that managed to walk into a gun shop where the counter dudes really recommended G19s instead of some flavor of crap. Iíve learned a LOT since I bought that Griptillian! Like a good G19 though, if Iíd never bought another knife after it, Iíd have been in really good shape anyway.

User Tag List