Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

A Puma White Hunter, and Planter and Oval design folders.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    A Puma White Hunter, and Planter and Oval design folders.
    My dad has my grandpa’s White Hunter, it’s always fascinated me.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    My dad has my grandpa’s White Hunter, it’s always fascinated me.
    I have the similar Puma Sea Hunter...which I've had since I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch back in 1975-1976. Cool knives, but I've seen several which snapped off at the blade / handle junction. (Not as good for prying as some might have thought.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Folding knives (or anything sharp) pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have the similar Puma Sea Hunter...which I've had since I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch back in 1975-1976. Cool knives, but I've seen several which snapped off at the blade / handle junction. (Not as good for prying as some might have thought.)
    Thanks. If it ends up in my possession someday I might take it hunting but I’ll be pretty careful with it.

A knife making friend made something inspired in part by the Puma, I might have him make me one I could put to hard use.

Speaking of Townsend Whelen...from "On Your Own In The Wilderness" by Bradford Angier and COL Townsend Whelen:

Common sense...when it was still common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I always liked that quote and have tried to live up to the idea since I got my first sak at age 10 or 11.
    I've been posting it on bladeforums (and here) for years. It's the way things are meant to be.
    I didn't want to further muddy the MidwayUSA thread so I dragged these quotes here for a reply.

My Dad wasn't much into carrying a gun, he'd toss one in the glovebox from time to time if he felt the destination warranted it, but he always had his knife and it was always sharp and ready to go. I still have the first knife he gave me as a kid, but the one I carry everyday since his passing in 2016 is his Old Timer. Lots of memories cleaning Sockeye, Steelhead, and Rainbow trout with this one.

Attachment 57069

Site Supporter
    @Casual Friday that’s awesome.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Classic knife, C F. That's a wonderful keepsake. Glad to see it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately this blade isn’t an heirloom because of who owned it before me. But it’s special to me since it’s the knife I used at the age of 14 to convince a Carney in Florida who had followed me out of a Waffle House at midnight that he needed go somewhere else if he didn’t want any extra holes in him.

(I had snuck out of a hotel alone on a school field trip so I could smoke cigarettes, drink coffee and pretend I was Jack Kerouac, there was one of those parking lot carnivals set up at the Walmart)

Name:  52A6D1AA-09D1-458A-9373-A407F4926511.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  43.5 KB

ETA: a slightly better photo
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 07-08-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Great story Caballo. I'd keep that knife too.

Anyway, couple more of mine. A fixed blade S&W Survival and a Folding Hunter from the 1970s Blackie Collins series.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I know some have sworn off benchmade, but they are US made, have been good to me, always worked and they stand behind their product.

I love axis locks. My collection:

Currently carrying my brand new 580-2 barrage assisted opening on top. Given to me for my 50th by a close friend who I bought one for his retirement in 2018 with his badge and number etched on the blade. He likes it so much, he reciprocated last month. It was my first assisted opener and I love it.

below that is my workhorse 14200SBT which has quite the story to it posted here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....light=14200SBT unfortunately the pics are long gone.

Then the new Bugout and below that the Bugouts predecessor the 531 that replaced the 14200SBT while it was lost. That one is going to my son for his 16th in November.

I have been on a fixed blade kick lately running the guardian but I carry folders at work and I carry benchmades when it is not a traditional.

User Tag List