Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger FINALLY offers 7-shot .357 GP100

That Redhawk is beautiful.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    If I hadn’t sold all my 7 shot SL Variants to DB those would interest me. I’m still holding out for a factory copy of Bowen’s GP44.
    Agreed on the GP44. It puzzles me why Ruger won't update Redhawk.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    You guys know S&W makes the 686 7 shot? The 686 doesn't cost a lot more than the Ruger. Why go second class?
    Recent production of both has similar problems, based on my inspections. GP is regarded as more durable than L frame, and there’s no hole on the side where the soul leaks out. Buy the one that has your desired features and that you can inspect in person to decide whether the defects on that specific unit are things you’re able / willing to pay to have corrected.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    You guys know S&W makes the 686 7 shot? The 686 doesn't cost a lot more than the Ruger. Why go second class?
    Do they make one without a Hillary hole?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Do they make one without a Hillary hole?
    Ay, there’s the rub. No. Making it a non-starter for many, myself included. Actually, I guess I should be glad they persist in this. I can't imagine how many S&W revolvers I'd have lying around if they went to no locks beyond the 442/642/etc line. At the same time, I am amazed that S&W's business model allows them to survive. As I see it,they insist on offering a product that their customers don't want because it is what the corporation prefers to offer. As the expression goes, "you couldn't make it up." But they are still in business so I guess it works.
    Last edited by Willard; 11-29-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Recent production of both has similar problems, based on my inspections. GP is regarded as more durable than L frame, and there’s no hole on the side where the soul leaks out. Buy the one that has your desired features and that you can inspect in person to decide whether the defects on that specific unit are things you’re able / willing to pay to have corrected.
    Olong;

What problems are you observing in the 686 and GP? I appreciate your input, and I'm not up on the current quality of either brands' revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    No lock and I like the Lett grips better. And I don't consider them "second class".
    There it is.

That 2.5" (with Letts) is on the list. And, holy chicken molle, a WC 2.5" 7-shot in blue with a brass bread would pretty much do it. Epic.

Rocking a set of Lett or Hogue grips the GP balances better and handles recoil waaay better than a comparable L Frame. My initial outing with the Wiley Clapp was 200 rounds of Federal 357B in just 45 minutes. It was downright fun. There was no pain and no next day soreness. GP>L
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You should get a bunch. Say the extras are for when they get discontinued and they become collectible. But really, you're just going to keep them.
    The 5.5" ones are collectable? I have a blued 5.5". It's my launch platform for 310gr solids.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    The 5.5" ones are collectable? I have a blued 5.5". It's my launch platform for 310gr solids.

Chris
    Nope.

Say the extras are for when they get discontinued and they become collectible.
    That's just what you say to justify getting a bunch. I was making a joke because it seems like every time Ruger discontinues a revolver the fanbois want nothing more than to get one. Not that they will get discontinued. I imagine the 7-shot will be in the catalog for a long long time.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 11-30-2017 at 06:29 AM.

User Tag List