Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gun Guys

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Have to remember:

I wouldn’t say he’s an idiot, but he’s getting close.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Let's see: don't use the slide release, clean the gun every 300-500 rounds (the 2,000 round challenge is stupid), don't drop your magazines, and don't shoot NATO ammo. My what delicate little snowflakes they shoot...
    That's not what he said. He said don't drop the slide on an empty chamber, especially a 1911 with a tuned trigger, add a little lube about every 500 rounds, dropping loaded mags, especially on pavement stresses feed lips and NATO spec ammo is hard on pistols,especially light pistols. Bill said he wipes down his handgun before a shooting session. Ken said he doesn't see the point of a 2000 round challenge where no lube is added. He didn't quite call the idea stupid.

Agree or disagree, Ken has a keen analytical mind. His conclusions are based on decades of experience. He comes from a time where firearms are tools, but not disposable. Firearms are meant to be used, but well taken care of to last more than a lifetime. He shoots the hell out of his weapons.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    I've done the 2,000 round challenge with a 1911 and it passed just fine, but I don't really think it's a great idea to put a 1911 through it either to be honest.

I hardly ever clean my 1911s but I do make sure they are lubed properly.

User Tag List