Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hippie diet?

Hippie diet?

For lack of a better term. I am calling my new diet program the hippie diet. I have started a new diet. Which basically revolves around eating natural unprocessed foods. I have also learned that some of the things I have ate in my diet before are a serious no go now. I have struggled with ditching belly fat and my metabolism is shit. My good friend told me this was my best choice.

Interested in seeing if any of you have done this and if so do you have any good foods that I could pick up? The diet would seem so simple. But finding legitimate unprocessed or foods without some sort of additive is pretty difficult to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a hippie diet, it's just called eating right.

Chicken, fish, beef, vegetables. Avoid things that come in boxes. I've lost 70 lbs since last fall eating this way and working out 7 days a week. I lift weights every day, and train BJJ and Muay Thai a few times a week.
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 11-29-2017 at 09:53 AM.

High protein.
    High fat.
    High leafy greens.
    Low carbs.
    No sugar.
    Spend all your time in the meat and produce section of the store.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Don't be afraid of natural fats. Avoid grains, sugars, and dairy.
    #RESIST

I eat a lot of eggs, probably 4-6 boiled eggs a day.
    I eat a lot of avocados, usually 1 or 2 a day.
    I use a lot of salted ghee (clarified butter) as a condiment and to "fry" things in.
    I eat a lot of tuna packaged in water, and a lot of chicken and beef.
    I have a lot of green leafy salad (with an egg, meat and avocado in it). For dressing I use avocado oils.
    I do not go zero carbs because I work out hard 4 days a week and a few carbs help with recovery and sleep.
    I go as close to zero on sugar as I can.

What I don't do is have a restrictive diet that's doomed to fail.
    If I want a steak, baked potato, beer and a small dessert... I eat it with no regrets.
    I just don't deliberately eat carbs/sugar more than once or twice a week.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I eat a lot of tuna packaged in water, and a lot of chicken and beef.
    I remember in the past people worrying about heavy metals and such if eating a lot of tuna. Is that something that the general population needs to worry about, or only for pregnant women?

Honest question and not a critique of your diet in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I remember in the past people worrying about heavy metals and such if eating a lot of tuna. Is that something that the general population needs to worry about, or only for pregnant women?

Honest question and not a critique of your diet in any way.
    I have got sick from canned tuna before. Mercury poisoning. But that was the canned stuff.

Really appreciate the help so far. I want to make this a diet where I can enjoy eating. Not some torture test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up in the 70's with lead paint and playing with mercury... tuna doesn't scare me at all.

https://www.plantoeat.com/planner

^ my wife and I are changing our diet, much like you. This website is awesome for putting in recipes, making a plan for the week, and it even generates the shopping list for you! I am currently cutting out all grains/wheat and dairy again. Dairy is kind of hard to do but hey, its bad for my skin (its a inflammatory). Good on you for trying to eat better, we could all do a little better for sure.

This topic is one reason I am getting back into hunting, really hard to go more organic then harvesting your own animal and feeding your family.

A hippie diet would be vegetarian to vegan in nature and would be striving to “juice” that in every conceivable way.

What you’re trying to do is eat as many whole and I processed foods as possible which really is the way all of us should be doing it. As has been mentioned before spend your time in the meat and produce sections. Eat grains, sugars, and dairy sparingly. Want salad dressing? Use olive or grape seed oil.

The fewer “ingredients” in your food the better. Natural complex carbs are good like rice and potatoes. If you want bread, eat it sparingly and/or make it yourself. As a general rule you should probably eat more vegetables than anything else. Fruits aren’t the devil, they make great snacks and desserts. And by desserts I mean “have an apple or some raspberries” not “eat half a cherry pie”.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List