Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HR 38

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    if HR 38 doesn't pass though the senate with a YES, I hope there's a blood bath during the next election cycle.
    I feel like it's going to die a political death in the Senate. Somehow Trump will get blamed as the reason as well.

Is this getting any news coverage? I haven't seen anything about this in the few minutes a week that I glance at the news.
    David S.

What about S. 446?

GOA sent out an email against this bill and to support S. 446

On Wednesday, the House voted on new legislation providing for all states to recognize your constitutional right to concealed carry.
    But this bill also included a pernicious gun control provision that will result in more decent Americans being denied the right to buy firearms — even affecting those with unpaid traffic tickets.
    There is a Constitutional Carry reciprocity bill in the Senate right now that does not contain any gun control — and that’s S. 446. It does not contain the Traffic Ticket Gun Ban which was passed by the House.

I’ve read the bills.

It’s the best we’re going to get.

I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Traffic Ticket Gun Ban which was passed by the House.
    Is that a reference to Fix NICS, or something else?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    What about S. 446?

GOA sent out an email against this bill and to support S. 446

On Wednesday, the House voted on new legislation providing for all states to recognize your constitutional right to concealed carry.
    But this bill also included a pernicious gun control provision that will result in more decent Americans being denied the right to buy firearms — even affecting those with unpaid traffic tickets.
    There is a Constitutional Carry reciprocity bill in the Senate right now that does not contain any gun control — and that’s S. 446. It does not contain the Traffic Ticket Gun Ban which was passed by the House.
    The pernicious gun control accusation is bullshit. See my previous posts. The House version does not create any new rulemaking authority for any agency. The "more decent americans" that will get prohibited should already be prohibited, because they have already been adjudicated guilty of disqualifying crimes. Their data has not been properly entered into NICS, same as the fucker that killed those nice folks in Sutherland Springs a few weeks ago..

As for the Senate bill, https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/446/text
    Nothing in there that's a problem, IMO.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 12-06-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

If the Reciprocity Bill is to pass, it needs Sen. McConnell's support. His twitter handle is @SenMajLdr . I saw absolutely no tweets calling him out to move the reciprocity bill forward.

So the question is, would the Senate pass S466, and if so would they then just pass HR 38?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

S466 has been stuck in committee since its introduction in February so....
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    S466 has been stuck in committee since its introduction in February so....

So was HR38.

User Tag List