Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk Me Down

When will the pictures of the new revolver be posted
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    When will the pictures of the new revolver be posted
    After purchase, if it hasn't been sold by the time I get there.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Smart, beautiful girls always buy Security-Sixes. Go git it, gurl.

The Security Six (and, for that matter, pretty much any of the -Six Rugers) is slowly becoming realized as a veritable classic revolver (and prices are slowly accordingly rising). They're tough, reliable, quite accurate and eminently tunable so that you can get a superb triggerpull. My 1978 vintage stainless Security Six frankly has a smoother triggerpull than my bespoke GP100 does-and an excellent (and knowledgeable) gunsmith performed the work on the GP100.

That's a decent price you're being offered-I'd recommend acquiring it.

Best, Jon

Just sold a nice one, like the SS you're describing on Gun Broker for $560.00

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Submit.

Just gorgeous firearms, Bighoss! Thanks for sharing.

Id not let lack of factory parts be too much of a hindrance. Ive recently seen Security Sixes as parts guns (everything less frame) that seemed to stall out at the $65 price range when I last looked. I wasnt looking at them, but saw them. I saw two Colt DS parts guns go for pretty reasonable recently, both looked like new guns basically. They were under $80 and $90.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The Security Six (and, for that matter, pretty much any of the -Six Rugers) is slowly becoming realized as a veritable classic revolver (and prices are slowly accordingly rising). They're tough, reliable, quite accurate and eminently tunable so that you can get a superb triggerpull.
    Jon, do you have a resource for trigger work on these? I have one that has a trigger that I'd love to get feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Jon, do you have a resource for trigger work on these? I have one that has a trigger that I'd love to get feeling better.
    I put shims and lighter springs in mine. The trigger return spring is different but otherwise I think it was pretty much the same as my SP101 and GP100.

Talk Me Down

You want one of us to talk you down? We're out on the same ledge waiting for our turn!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-28-2017 at 04:27 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List