Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: AR15 pistol with arm brace for dealing with an active shooter inside a church

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I carry a SA Saint Pistol on my HD Electra Glide for the very same reasons you mentioned. I carry it in my right side saddle bag. I installed 2 Kolpin mounts in the saddle bag to secure it. My motorcycle is my primary means of transport including daily commuting. The church shooting here inspired me to make this adjustment.
    Do you take this inside every night or garage the bike ?

Theft of guns from vehicles is a significant source of “crime guns” in our area.

Assume you are running this condition 3 ?
    Last edited by HCM; 12-26-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Do you take this inside every night or garage the bike ?

Theft of guns from vehicles is a significant source of “crime guns” in our area.

Assume you are running this condition 3 ?
    It mostly stays on the bike. I only leave it in overnight if I’m home and it’s garaged. When I’m on the road it comes off and is in the hotel room. Yes, kept in Condition 3, with a 3 mag carrier tucked under the brace. There isn’t enough room to fit with a mag inserted.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippySanchez View Post
    That's some fancy guns and totes so far. I've never shoot an SBR, AR or AK pistol with an arm brace, so I obviously have no experience. But from what I understand, AK/AR pistols are incredibly difficult to shoot accurately.
    No. They're not.

And unlike you, I do have experience with what is being discussed here.
    www.inshadowinlight.com

https://amazon.com/CR-Williams/e/B0751SZZ85/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Quote Originally Posted by CR Williams View Post
    No. They're not.

And unlike you, I do have experience with what is being discussed here.
    Yes, I'll say it again,I was completely out of line with my comment. I apologized then and apologize now.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Our church safety committee meeting happened to fall on the same day as the Texas church shooting. We talked about what we would be able to do in that scenario against a bad guy in body armor with a long gun. A few 9mm pistols scattered throughout the crowd wasn't very reassuring against such a threat.
    I'm going to put in a vote for NOT going with a bagged AR pistol. Instead, I'm going to suggest a semi-auto handgun with a red-dot sight on it. The main reason is speed of action. The bag gun has to be removed from the bag and the LAW unfolded before it can be brought to bear. The handgun has to be drawn and then it's up and on. The difference in that time in your case is measured in killed and wounded. Also, if you have to maneuver, especially through a crowd, with your gun in hand it will be easier to protect a handgun and move safely with it than with an AR pistol. It will also be easier to clear and bring to bear the pistol when you're coming from a sitting position in a pew or if others are in close proximity when the attack starts.

As of dealing with armor, the AR's effectiveness depends on whether the attacker has soft armor or is wearing rifle plates. If it's rifle plates you have to do the same thing with the AR pistol as you do with the regular handgun--shoot where the armor is not. The red dot on the handgun will make this much easier, make precision shots easier and faster, and allow you to engage at distance with more confidence. A rifle or AR pistol somewhere as a support weapon is not a bad idea, but as the initial response tool I would go with the handgun. Caveat is that some of these shooters were seen when they were still outside approaching the church. In that case, the AR pistol is the better choice.
    www.inshadowinlight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One thing we all noticed is that the 'pistol' was quite loud and with a significant and visible muzzle flash. With this ammo it was a pumpkin size brilliant white great balls of fire. The SO found it a tad disconcerting. I've seen videos of other 'pistols' with less flash - different ammo, I suppose?
    Some flash hiders will significantly reduce that flash. I have a Noveske on a 7.5" barreled AR pistol and there's no fireball even when shooting at night.
    www.inshadowinlight.com

User Tag List