Thread: Firefox Quantum

Firefox Quantum

I just realized that I have not seen an ad in a while.

The only blocking app I have is Ghostery, and it is disabled.

Is Firefox Quantum blocking ads?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Well, FWIW, with Firefox 59.0.2 I see banner ads again. Is it Mozilla, is it PF, is it me...? I dunno.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Well, FWIW, with Firefox 59.0.2 I see banner ads again. Is it Mozilla, is it PF, is it me...? I dunno.
    I just started seeing ads with Chrome with the AdGuard plug-in.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    PF is hosting (and selling) ads directly now and and in the process of completely eliminating Google Adsense — since, despite increased pageviews, ad impressions, and click through rates, Adsense revenue is but a tiny fraction of what it was in years past. Google is effectively attempting to demonetize PF. I’m not going to let that happen.
    Strangely enough, I'm fine with that.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    PF is hosting (and selling) ads directly now and and in the process of completely eliminating Google Adsense — since, despite increased pageviews, ad impressions, and click through rates, Adsense revenue is but a tiny fraction of what it was in years past. Google is effectively attempting to demonetize PF. I’m not going to let that happen.
    I remember you saying that was going to happen. I didn't realize it would mean seeing ads again. I, too, am fine with p-f.com being at least partially self-supporting.
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List