Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Concepts Double Header, Riley Conservation Club - Indiana 2018 dates

LE Forum Moderator BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Defensive Concepts Double Header, Riley Conservation Club - Indiana 2018 dates

Defensive Concepts Double Header
    Defensive Concepts Level 1 @ Riley Conservation Club

Where: Riley Conservation Club
    When: See link below
    Cost: $100
    Instructor: BehindBlueI’s
    Assisted by: Coach (Aron Bright)
    To receive registration forms: abright@ccrtc.com
    Your spot in the class is held when the form and PIF is received.Class limited to the first Fifteen students.

Before you sign up for a class please be sure that you can attend the class. If you do not show up for the class there will not be a refund. If you ask for a refund thirty days prior to the class a full refund will be granted. Less than thirty days prior to a class a refund will only be given if your spot is filled. This policy is meant to be fair to all clients and BFT.

Requirements:
    The ability to safely operate a handgun is required and is not negotiable.

Basic marksmanship. This is not a fundamentals class. To get the most out of this class you should be able to draw and keep shots on an USPSA/IDPA target at 7 yards. The closer to the center the better.

Gear requirements:
    Carry how you normally carry.
    A belt mounted holster. Strong side IWB or OWB is encouraged. (AIWB is acceptable)
    A concealment garment.
    Eye and ear protection.
    Handgun, 2-3 magazines
    Round count will likely be 100-200 for the day.

Goals:
    Learn the most common precursors to “random” violence based on survivor’s statements.
    Learn how to react to these precursors to maximize your odds of prevailing should the situation escalate, based on interviews and crime scene analysis.
    Work through scenarios based on actual crime scenes. What the actual person involved did, what worked, and what didn’t will be discussed.
    Scenarios and associated lectures will be provided by INGO userBehindBlueI’s. BBI has 10 years of law enforcement experience, 3 years asa Robbery/Aggravated Assault detective in a Homicide & Robbery unit, and has been involved in the investigation of hundreds of shootings, stabbings, and robberies.

Handgun fundamentals, efficiency of draw stroke, shooting skill feedback provided by Coach.

Dress for the weather.

Defensive Concepts Level 2

Saturday September 16, 2017
    3pm to 7pm
    Riley Conservation Club

Instructors: BBI, Coach (if you took Level 1 you know them)

Cost $100
    *Must have taken Defensive Concepts Level 1
    To receive registration forms: abright@ccrtc.com
    Your spot in the class is reserved when the sign form and payment in full are received. Class limited to the first fifteen students.

Before you sign up for a class please be sure that you can attend the class. If you do not show up for the class there will not be a refund. If you ask for a refund thirty days prior to class a full refund will be granted. Less than thirty days prior to a class a refund will only be given if your spot is filled. This policy is meant to be fair to all clients and BFT.

Requirements:
    The ability to safely operate a handgun is required and is not negotiable. Basic Marksmanship. This is not a fundamentals class. To get the most out of this class you should be able to draw and keep shots on a USPSA/IDPA target at 7 yards. The closer to the center the better.

Gear Requirements:
    Carry how you normally carry
    A belt mounted holster. Strong side IWB or OWB is encouraged. (AIWB is acceptable)
    A concealment garment.
    Eye and ear protection
    Handgun, 2-3 magazines (Revolvers are acceptable)
    Round count 200 – 250

Course Description:
    This class will include some video from crimes. The video will include topics such as having a plan, verbal, less lethal and lethal actions, speed, surprise and violence of action, watch, or make leverage points. Dealing with disparity of force, Forcible felony, target violence. Post shooting procedures and dealing with the police will be addressed.

The shooting portion will involve significant SHO shooting, par times on skills typical to random street crime, visual starts, low ready positions, threat scans, moving targets

http://www.brightfirearmstraining.co...of_Events.html

Defensive Concepts Level 1
    April 28, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    10 am to 2 pm
    Instructors BBI and Aron Bright
    Email for registration forms: abright@ccrtc.com

April 28, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    3 pm to 7 pm

----AND---

September 29, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    10 am to 2 pm

September 29, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    3 pm to 7 pm

These will almost certainly be my only two dates for 2018 outside of private training events.

April 28, 2018 and September 29, 2018 will be my only dates this year with Bright Training.

I do have very limited availability for other hosts or private training sessions. I hope to have more time to dedicate to this in 2019.

Spring class is about half full at this point per the host.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Getting with the host for registration forms...

If you're interested in the April class, it's approaching being full.

Per host:

DC1 has 3 slots left.
    DC2 has 4 slots left.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Spring class is full. Thanks for your interest.
    L'otters are not afraid.

September 29, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    10 am to 2 pm

September 29, 2018
    Riley Conservation Club
    3 pm to 7 pm
    L'otters are not afraid.

We're about 2 months out from the fall class.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Site Supporter
    I was fortunate that my schedule allowed me to attend the April class. I was initially disappointed to find that BBI does not actually resemble his avatar , but overall found the class very worthwhile.

The material dovetailed well with other training I’ve attended, while filling in some valuable gaps. Although I noted influences of Tom Givens, Ernest Langdon, and Craig Douglas at various points, it’s mostly based on BBI’s case work and experiences, and definitely not a rehash of anyone else’s lesson plan.

It’s also not a “how to shoot” course, and IMHO students would be much better off having taken a basic pistol course or two prior to attending, which shouldn’t be a problem for most of the P-F crowd. In reality, the range time is somewhat limited, since a good portion of the class is devoted to surveillance videos. BBI’s material provides excellent insights into common robbery tactics, and since he knows the cases, he provides critical details that could not be gleaned from the video alone. The live fire portions started with some basic accuracy and presentation work, and then added verbalizations and disguised draws. “Coach” (Aron Bright) did a good job working fundamentals with a couple of students who were a little behind, but this is a course where it’d be best to have the marksmanship and gunhandling already in order, to allow focus on tactics and decision making. We then shifted to BBI’s scenarios, a few of which were covered in his chapter in Straight Talk on Armed Defense. We ended the day with some threat discrimination, shooting on the move, and moving targets. My biggest learning points were the value of feigned compliance, and the disguised draw at the right moment. The moving target portion was a nice touch, since it can be difficult to find places with that capability.

If you’re close enough to Indiana to justify the travel for just one training day, I’d definitely recommend this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I was fortunate that my schedule allowed me to attend the April class. I was initially disappointed to find that BBI does not actually resemble his avatar , but overall found the class very worthwhile.

The material dovetailed well with other training I’ve attended, while filling in some valuable gaps. Although I noted influences of Tom Givens, Ernest Langdon, and Craig Douglas at various points, it’s mostly based on BBI’s case work and experiences, and definitely not a rehash of anyone else’s lesson plan.
    I appreciate the kind review and recommendation, but I would like to note I've never taken a class or spoken with Tom Givens (other than limited interactions on the forums). I've had others note the similarity in much of what I teach, but we have arrived at those conclusions and ideas independently. I suspect that means that anyone who spends enough time "in the trenches" and analyzing the information gleaned from that experience inevitably reaches the same basic premise at the end, and I think that adds credibility and validity to the results.

I have taken Ernest Langdon's Instructor course and am a better instructor for it. A repeat customer from a "before" class to an "after" class noted the difference and commented on it. I've certainly learned from Craig Douglas. Strictly in the realm of managing contacts I think we've arrived at very similar places independently of each other as well. As far as actual fighting, Craig knows a metric shit ton more than I ever hope to know. I'd highly recommend all of the names mentioned for anyone looking to train in various aspects.
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Tag List