Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Federal action pistol load

The Federal 150 Syntech chronographs at 138 PF out of my Gen 4 Glock 34, although it feels very light recoiling. American Eagle 115 and Lawman 124 feel very harsh by comparison. The 150 Syntech is a sub three inch load at 25 yards in every Glock pistol I have tried it in. It seems to knock steel over with authority, and I like that it is a sealed bullet and lead free primer. It is my current match load for Carry Optics.

Something I did notice, while shooting steel at 110 yards today, is it has a lot more drop than the AE 115 or Lawman 124. Both the Lawman and AE hit left of my Syntech POI at 25 yards.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Has anyone tried the 150 gr out of something like a Roland Special? Curious if such a low power factor would mean it wouldn't cycle properly without playing with the recoil springs, versus something like just Lawman 147 gr.

When I was at the JJ class, two participants had Roland Specials. One was put together by Agency, and I don’t recall the origin of the second pistol. Both pistols were constantly having issues over the two days of the class, and it left me with a very bad impression of what a comp does To make a Glock less reliable. Both shooters kept saying their comp needed to be cleaned but the other Glocks in the class just ran.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

[QUOTE=JSGlock34;864959]I don't think you're wrong that folks are confused about the Syntech line though - the thread on Enos that Spartan1980 mentioned is filled with people complaining about the 124 grain ammunition being 'Action Pistol' and USPSA endorsed when it isn't.

Federal isn't helping matters by introducing loads like this...

...as I understand 'Match' in this context isn't referring to a USPSA/IDPA match but instead indicates that the ballistics of the ammunition matches the equivalent weight HST load.

I bought a case of match 147 grain that is suppose to " match " the 147 grain HST. Well shot box 1 , no issue . Opened box 2 at the range and thought , these rounds seem hotter. Short answer, Federal boxed my rounds that " match" the 124+P HST rounds , put them in a box marked 147 grain ( but the ballistics info on the box listed 124 +P data) . I called Federal, gave them the lot numbers and such. Nothing heard back since, but must have been a bad day at the factory when those rounds were loaded. Not an issue , since I am shooting them in a full stainless Sig 226. Just interesting talking to the Federal reps about how this could have happened. These are in sealed case of 500 , 10 boxes of 50 each. The first box was correct, the rest not so much .

Quote Originally Posted by officerdave View Post
    I bought a case of match 147 grain that is suppose to " match " the 147 grain HST. Well shot box 1 , no issue . Opened box 2 at the range and thought , these rounds seem hotter. Short answer, Federal boxed my rounds that " match" the 124+P HST rounds , put them in a box marked 147 grain ( but the ballistics info on the box listed 124 +P data) . I called Federal, gave them the lot numbers and such. Nothing heard back since, but must have been a bad day at the factory when those rounds were loaded. Not an issue , since I am shooting them in a full stainless Sig 226. Just interesting talking to the Federal reps about how this could have happened. These are in sealed case of 500 , 10 boxes of 50 each. The first box was correct, the rest not so much .
    Weird things happen. I once opened a box of Winchester RA9B to find various brass randomly marked +P and +P+...

Name:  IMG_2357.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  60.0 KBName:  IMG_2356.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  79.4 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List