Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Federal action pistol load

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Prod...?source=A10003

Federal Syntech Action Pistol 9MM 150Gr Total Synthetic Jacket 50 Round Box AE9SJAP1

Just followed a link on book face; I am looking into this ammo for Production and this was a pretty good price ($11.41/50) from what I’ve seen recently.
    That's as low a price as I've seen on this ammunition, but the shipping is pretty high.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

New Federal action pistol load

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    That's as low a price as I've seen on this ammunition, but the shipping is pretty high.
    Dang you are right. $138/500 shipped to me.

I looked at Brownells through the p-f link. They have a sale going at $113.99/500, with shipping at $9.95. Win. [emoji4]

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition...rod104249.aspx

I ordered 500 to check it out.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-03-2018 at 06:11 AM.

My small order arrived. Chamber checks ok.

Will try it at the square range Sunday.

New Federal action pistol load

Shot 50 rounds of this Syntech today out of my stock G19.5. Feels fairly soft, impulse wise.

I have stock height rears and a 0.180” Ameriglo Front. Using a cover the dot hold, it seemed POI=POA for me. Did a 253 on a Vickers 300.

Last edited by RJ; 08-12-2018 at 02:12 PM.

I bought a case of this ammo last week when Brownells had a $10 off $100 coupon and the ammo was actually in stock. Ran 50 rounds through my P30L today, and I was legitimately shocked at how light the recoil was while shooting Dot Torture. If I couldn't see my bullet holes, I'd have just assumed the first shot was a squib.

Going to pack another 100 rounds for an outlaw match tomorrow; hopefully it'll do me right. I can't see this replacing my standard "whatever's cheapest" 115/124 gr brass training loads, but I can see myself keeping a few hundred on hand for any application where a timer is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    If it is kinder and gentler to my aging wrists, hands, and thumbs, I am interested. I cannot do all of my training with .22 LR; some numbers of rounds need to be fired with centerfire ammo, for a greater degree of realism.
    Shoot a heavy steel gun like a Beretta.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I saw a good deal of the Federal at the Steel Challenge match yesterday. If I were not a reloader, it would be a good choice.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

The Federal Action 150gr is noticeably the softest shooting factory ammo I have tried.

The Federal Action 124 feels about like AE124 but a dollar or more a box more.

I have not shot either for groups at 25yd or 50yd.

The Federal 150 feels extremely soft when shooting. However, espite the feel, my times are faster when shooting American Eagle 115.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Federal 150 feels extremely soft when shooting. However, espite the feel, my times are faster when shooting American Eagle 115.
    GJM, not to drift the thread...but. Do you think this has more to do with physics or psychology(perception) or a bit of both?

User Tag List