Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Federal action pistol load

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So I was having excellent, consistent experience with the 150 grain Syntech Action Pistol...right until this weekend. Multiple light strikes over two range sessions. Pistol was a Glock 34 with OEM trigger components; to be sure it was the ammo, I detail stripped the slide, gave it a thorough cleaning, and swapped striker springs. Still had the occasional light strike today. Everything lit on a second strike. Improper primer seating seems a likely culprit.

Unfortunately, this is my match ammo. I decided to regulate the current batch to practice only, and opened a different case for this week's match. I inspected the primers as I loaded my magazines, so hopefully there will be no surprises. Federal needs to up their QC game.

This is very disappointing though, considering my previous positive observations with this ammunition to date.
    Did you let Federal know?
    Can you post a lot#?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Did you let Federal know?
    Can you post a lot#?
    Just happened this weekend so I haven't engaged Federal - unfortunately, not sure I will since I had discarded the case and boxes when I dumped this ammo into an ammo can.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The beauty of reloading...........is that I can make better ammo than any factory can.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The beauty of reloading...........is that I can make better ammo than any factory can.
    You can also screw the pooch in a few easy steps... No one is perfect. Without a lot number to work with, Federal probably can't/won't be able to do much.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    You can also screw the pooch in a few easy steps...
    With single stage reloading, very difficult to screw it up and very easy to notice when you do. With progressive reloading it's the opposite.

(deleted, someone already asked the same question)
    Last edited by einherjarvalk; 02-19-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    With single stage reloading, very difficult to screw it up and very easy to notice when you do. With progressive reloading it's the opposite.
    Disagree, presuming you're using a progressive with an auto-index feature like a Hornady LnL or Dillon 650. I've found that it's actually pretty difficult to screw stuff up once you've taken the time to set it up properly. That said, *any* reloading is not for those who can't pay attention to what they're doing.

I've now shot through another 1000 rounds of the 9mm Syntech since I had the problematic strikes without issue, which has restored my confidence in this round for match use.

I've tried out the 220 grain .45 Action Pistol load; unfortunately, my Wilson Combat 1911 does not like this round. Strangely these rounds will refuse to chamber from slide lock, but seem to feed okay thereafter.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that this ammo is equal and in some cases more expensive than bulk FMJ? That's a hard pass for me right there.

Find me another factory low power factor loading to compare it to.

I think price wise the Action Pistol loading compare very favorably with other outfits producing ammunition specifically for competition, like Atlanta Arms. The Syntech is new factory ammunition and cheaper than the boutique competition reloading companies.

I wouldn’t buy the standard 115 grain Syntech load.

User Tag List