Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington teetering on edge of bankruptcy

Had Remington called the Gen 1 R51 recall a "Voluntary Upgrade", its likely they wouldn't be in this pickle.

While they've made some mistakes- so have other companies . The difference is marketing.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Had Remington called the Gen 1 R51 recall a "Voluntary Upgrade", its likely they wouldn't be in this pickle.

While they've made some mistakes- so have other companies . The difference is marketing.
    Gotta disagree with you.

The SIGs you are referring to had a defective drop safety, whereas the R51s had a defective EVERYTHING, plus poor durability. A recall was what was needed and I for one appreciate their doing so.

What I and many others don't appreciate is that the new R51 is still riddled with issues (albeit less of them), to the degree I would have more faith in a Taurus PT111.

Also, based on my limited Sig experience, they corrected the QC issues that cropped up when they moved to the USA. Sure, they might not be quite at the level they were when made in Germany, but then again the prices are also lower.

Remington, by contrast, still has tons of issues throughout most or all of their product lines.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    For some years now, Remington has failed to do well what they've historically done well, and most new products have flopped. I saw a flyer last week, can't remember from where, with RP9s for just under $200. This pistol has been out, for what, a year? Right now Bud's has them for $212 after rebate and they ship free. Prices that low can't leave much profit margin. Aside from the TAC-14, I can't remember the last new product that Remington rolled out that I really wanted to buy. And I don't even want the TAC-14 enough to actually buy one. Hopefully the current owners will sell the company to some one who can clean up the mess.
    I was PSA. They are out of stock now. Too bad, I could have bought one and then added it to the guns I regret thread.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I’m probably part of Remington’s ‘problem’. I have quite a few Remington rifles & shotguns. Also several Marlin lever guns. They’re all older guns. Not one is of recent manufacture. I checked out some of their new product a few years ago and was Not impressed by the quality of manufacture. So, I stick to the older stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s OK to have a bargain line (Express) and a premium line, such as the Wingmaster, but Rem couldn’t help trashing the high end line stuff. Not everyone wants a cheap Walmart gun.

If you take a look at the stock charts for Ruger and American Outdoor Brands (S&W) it’s real apparent how terrific Obama and HRC were for gun sales.
    Given the tough environment for manufacturers in the U.S., a middle class under financial pressure, less people hunting, and a lessening of the anti-2A fear factor- - management of big gun companies likely have to be absolutely brilliant to survive today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    I’m probably part of Remington’s ‘problem’. I have quite a few Remington rifles & shotguns. Also several Marlin lever guns. They’re all older guns. Not one is of recent manufacture. I checked out some of their new product a few years ago and was Not impressed by the quality of manufacture. So, I stick to the older stuff.
    You're a symptom. Remington is the cause of Remington's problem.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I wouldn't dither in submitting them, I'm waiting on mine to be delivered so I can submit.
    agreed. luckily (I guess) I didn't buy any of the buckets 'o bullets, as I've not had good experiences with remington branded ammo.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I picked up 3 buckets of 9mm. I’ve shot 350 rounds of UMC through a variety of pistols with decent accuracy and no issues, including the Sig that chokes on WWB. It leaves some black soot on the gun, but for the after-rebate price, I can wipe it down.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Another company who failed to realize that the market was going to totally change after the election.
    Yup.
    #RESIST

User Tag List