Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Precision Delta, .38 wadcutters

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Are these the "ones" recommended by the people who carry j-frames?
    PD is really for practice. From a former member who was quite knowledgable in the subject he recommended defensive ammo should come from a major manufacture such as Winchester Remington Federal as examples. He said the lines used to produce ammo from these mfgs have built in quality control that was not available from a smaller company.
    Im not sure how Black Hills loads their ammo i think they have govt contracts.

This ammo was discussed recently its especially formulated for subs. I have no idea of their loading practices.
    https://www.georgia-arms.com/38-spec...adcutter-20pk/

Our own @Lost River loads ammo that he sells he goes from mild to wild in the 38 spectrum.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    PD is really for practice. From a former member who was quite knowledgable in the subject he recommended defensive ammo should come from a major manufacture such as Winchester Remington Federal as examples. He said the lines used to produce ammo from these mfgs have built in quality control that was not available from a smaller company.
    Im not sure how Black Hills loads their ammo i think they have govt contracts.

This ammo was discussed recently its especially formulated for subs. I have no idea of their loading practices.
    https://www.georgia-arms.com/38-spec...adcutter-20pk/

Our own @Lost River loads ammo that he sells he goes from mild to wild in the 38 spectrum.
    Georgia Arms was the one I couldn't remember from the podcast and I couldn't find the podcast again. Thank you.
    --Jason--

If you’re reloading PD’s wad cutters on a Dillon there’s a company called UniqueTek that sells extended powder funnels to expand the case deeper for the longer wadcutter bullet .
    WWW.UniqueTek.com .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Georgia Arms was the one I couldn't remember from the podcast and I couldn't find the podcast again. Thank you.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000598534194

The Off Duty On Duty Podcast

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    That explains why I couldn't find it. I thought it was Primary/Secondary. Thank you.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
    If you’re reloading PD’s wad cutters on a Dillon there’s a company called UniqueTek that sells extended powder funnels to expand the case deeper for the longer wadcutter bullet .
    WWW.UniqueTek.com .
    I just bought one of these for my 550 but haven't had a chance to use it yet since I'm still knee deep in loading practice ammo for my M&P 9C. The damn thing has such a tight chamber that I don't load cast bullets for it, I load a couple of thousand practice loads with .355 bulk bullets to keep it happy.

Next up is 38 & 357 cast hollowpoints, then cast wadcutters. All powdercoated of course.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

PD wadcutters is what I roll with for range and carry in .38 Special. Going to be hard to find much of anything else.

User Tag List