Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Delta, .38 wadcutters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Anybody try their PDP Pro version ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes I use that in PPC. It's federal primed from new brass. I have not chronoed it yet but it seems a little softer than the federal match wadcutters. Right about the same cost as sale price federal gold medal match.
    Adam

I tried some of the remanufactured P-D wadcutters today out of three different J frames. They shot the tightest groups and closer to the sights out of all three guns as compared to Remington and Winchester factory wadcutters. They are smoky. Think I’ll order some of the Pro stuff.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I tried some of the remanufactured P-D wadcutters today out of three different J frames. They shot the tightest groups and closer to the sights out of all three guns as compared to Remington and Winchester factory wadcutters. They are smoky. Think I’ll order some of the Pro stuff.
    What is the “Pro stuff?”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The stuff loaded in new brass with Federal primers. Bottom of the P-D remanufactured product page. About $100/250.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Anybody run their Pro load thru a chrono ?
    They don’t list velocities on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Anybody else have leading with these? I shot some through a 640-1 and it got all leaded up. Cleaned it out, tried again. 30 rounds in, it's all leaded up again. The bullets were even leaving strips of lead inside the cases (well, at least one I inspected closely had that). This is PD loaded ammo.

I'm going to try the PD WCs in the GP and some jacketed stuff in the 640 after I get it Chore Boyed again.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is the “Pro stuff?”
    https://www.precisiondelta.com/produ...al-148gr-hbwc/
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Anybody else have leading with these? I shot some through a 640-1 and it got all leaded up. Cleaned it out, tried again. 30 rounds in, it's all leaded up again. The bullets were even leaving strips of lead inside the cases (well, at least one I inspected closely had that). This is PD loaded ammo.

I'm going to try the PD WCs in the GP and some jacketed stuff in the 640 after I get it Chore Boyed again.
    Took the GP to the range in between that post and this one. Shot four cylinders of Speer GD 135gr +P, then six cylinders of the PD WCs through it. It resulted in severe leading, as feared. There was lead in and after the forcing cone in the barrel, lead in the throats of the cylinder, even lead in the chambers of the cylinder between where the cases ended and the throats begin. Just spent the afternoon deleading both guns. Chore Boy wrapped on a bronze brush only got a little of it.

Won't be doing that again if I can help it. Same results in two different guns from two different manufacturers. Took the partial boxes from the "shoot next" storage and put them back in the case box. At this point, I consider this ammo to be nothing more than hazardous waste. Can't pull it, can't fire it. Have to figure out how to get rid of it safely and legally.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Took the GP to the range in between that post and this one. Shot four cylinders of Speer GD 135gr +P, then six cylinders of the PD WCs through it. It resulted in severe leading, as feared. There was lead in and after the forcing cone in the barrel, lead in the throats of the cylinder, even lead in the chambers of the cylinder between where the cases ended and the throats begin. Just spent the afternoon deleading both guns. Chore Boy wrapped on a bronze brush only got a little of it.

Won't be doing that again if I can help it. Same results in two different guns from two different manufacturers. Took the partial boxes from the "shoot next" storage and put them back in the case box. At this point, I consider this ammo to be nothing more than hazardous waste. Can't pull it, can't fire it. Have to figure out how to get rid of it safely and legally.
    As a long time PPC shooter and reloader, you learn to live with lead everywhere. Bottom line is accuracy. I don’t care if I produce “smoke” like a Civil War battlefield, nor my end of day bore scrubbing session to get any lead out. On target accuracy trumps these other minor issues.

I'm not saying wadcutters can't be a viable option (obviously they are), but there's something wrong with the batch I have here. The amount of lead that was deposited after 30 and 36 rounds is not compatible with accuracy or serviceability. If the projectile can't get out of the case without leaving a strip of lead behind, that ain't right.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List