Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Precision Delta, .38 wadcutters

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Precision Delta has a good reputation. Have you considered contacting them? I bet that a friendly phone call would result in their replacing the ammo.
    I’d second this. I would mention you are on PF and that Steve (LSP 972) is the one who brought PD to the attention to the forum. You could reach out to @LSP552 for Steves last name.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I’d second this. I would mention you are on PF and that Steve (LSP 972) is the one who brought PD to the attention to the forum. You could reach out to @LSP552 for Steves last name.
    Steve's name was Steve Campbell. A terrific guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Steve's name was Steve Campbell. A terrific guy.
    Yes sir!

It’s been so long since I had contact with Precision Delta, I can’t help with contact info. However, they were always a straight up company and I’d bet they will make right any actual problems.

Leading

Before shooting lead bullets it is important to clean every bit of copper fouling from the bore and chambers.
    I learned this the hard way with my Smith pre model 27 over 40 years ago.
    Any remaining jacket material grabs the softer lead and it only gets worse.
    The LASC cast bullet website is a great resource for those shooting lead.
    HTH,
    Shumba

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm reasonably organized and was able to email back the original order email when contacting PD about this. PD emailed me shipping labels for the cases. They'll be heading back tomorrow. Will update with whatever they tell me. So far, I'm pleased with the service. They offered to replace the product immediately, but I declined as that wouldn't help either of us if the new stuff they sent was exactly like this.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-06-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Don't know if I've commented before, but:
    All current swaged bullets at 11-13 BHN, plenty hard enough for even a .44 Rem Mag.
    Bullets must FIT.
    The best wadcutters, and the cheapest, were Remington—who decided to stop making them and concentrate on more profit.
    These were 0.360" at the base and were a lot more accurate than any others I have tested.
    IF shooting HBWCs, keep speed well under 800 fps, as a higher velocity the skirt will separate and either make two holes in the paper or leave a barrel obstruction.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    A couple of friends and myself cast and powder coat our own .38 and 9mm bullets, but I have excellent results using Rainier 148 gr DEWC bullets for at least the past 15 years.
    I load the Rainier bullets with AA#2, W231 and Titegroup. My preference is AA#2 for these rounds.

The Rainier 148 gr DEWC's are still available at Midway. I picked up another 1000 round box a couple of months ago and they are still on sale for $72.57.

If a person handloads these, and powder coated bullets (I can only speak to my own), certainly removed any leading concerns.
    I just measured a few of the Rainiers, and they are closer to .358 than .357. May pick up a few more boxes for the new Dillon to chew on.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I just measured a few of the Rainiers, and they are closer to .358 than .357. May pick up a few more boxes for the new Dillon to chew on.
    I think you'll like them. I ran about 100 through my Model 10 (replaced the springs) a few days ago. They rounds/gun are more accurate than I am.

PD wadcutters available

Got an email from Precision Delta that their pro wadcutters are in stock. Its been quite a while since they have had any.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Got an email from Precision Delta that their pro wadcutters are in stock. Its been quite a while since they have had any.
    Are these the "ones" recommended by the people who carry j-frames?
    --Jason--

User Tag List