Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield for a Snubby

What pocket holster would you guys recommend for use in dress pants?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I think the Aholster will give you the thinnest possible profile without it looking like you have a thickish wallet in your front pocket.

You can either grind down the "horn" on the holster or ask Allen (the owner) to grind it down or remove it altogether before shipping. You may want to speak to him about it up front.

Depends on the shape of the pocket. The Uncle Mikes cheapo is the most versatile for me. If I’m wearing pants with thinner material I’ll fold up a piece of paper and slide that between the holster and front of the pocket. It breaks up the outline and looks like a wallet. A couple note cards work also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Does that Aholster have a thumb tab to push off with?
    My two cents on which 642 to buy, I’d suggest looking for the Talo II edition. It comes with a Performance Center trigger job and springs. The trigger itself has been smoothed and polished also. It’s also cut for moonclips but in my experience they only fit certain brands of 38 Special brass and aren’t any faster than a speed strip for reloads and don’t carry as easy a speed strip either. I do use mine for the five I have loaded though because it ejects really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Depends on the shape of the pocket. The Uncle Mikes cheapo is the most versatile for me. If I’m wearing pants with thinner material I’ll fold up a piece of paper and slide that between the holster and front of the pocket. It breaks up the outline and looks like a wallet. A couple note cards work also.
    That was my second thought after the Aholster as a recommendation. Might actually make sense for Spin to get first as it's only about $10 on amazon.
    I use mine quite a bit but since I'm rarely in dress pants these days I'll defer to those who actually carry in such garb.

ETA: The Aholster has a hook / horn that grabs the pocket so that there is no pushing off necessary. But it needs to be blunted so it won't poke through the pants. Modifying is easy with a file or emery board.
    Last edited by blues; 11-26-2017 at 08:01 PM.

I've had J's and an LCR. I much preferred the LCR. Would buy another one before I bought a J again.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I've had J's and an LCR. I much preferred the LCR. Would buy another one before I bought a J again.
    What did you like so much better about the LCR vs a J frame? Do you pocket carry yours?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    For what it’s worth, I recently got away from the G43, and back to the 642, for similar reasons. The G43 really didn’t give me much more versatility over a G26, but the 642 does. That thing can be brought along very discretely. Not any shocking news, I realize, but there it is anyways.
    Interesting you should mention that. I’ve been considering a G43 as an ‘upgrade’ for a pocket carry J-frame. But I already have a G26 & I sometimes pocket carry that in a kydex holster in cargo pants. I’ll have to look over the loaded specs to compare the 43 and 26 again. I’ve been leaning toward just sticking with the J-frame when I need a very light, discrete gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    I’ve been leaning toward just sticking with the J-frame when I need a very light, discrete gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    And THAT right there is why I don’t just stuff my Shield in a pocket holster and then stuff that into my front pocket. It technically fits, but you can definitely tell I’ve got something that probably isn’t comfortable to have in my front pocket and I don’t wear skinny jeans.

What did you like so much better about the LCR vs a J frame? Do you pocket carry yours?

I carried it in my pocket in one of those aholster pocket holsters.

I preferred it because it was a lot easier for me to shoot accurately over a J frame. I loved the grip and weight. I was carrying it as a backup gun at work. When I went to the detective section I didn't use it anymore and sold it to fund another project. My only complaint was the plain black front sight. I'd get one of the FO or NS options if I bought another one. I've had a 442, 640, 940 and a 638 2.5" barrel. I've not shot any of them as well as that LCR.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List